Cover Pic

Thread starter
Thanks Guys.
Nemo, the coin is indeed Japanese, a 1969 10 yen, "Ancient Temple", adhered with automotive double stick tape. I have about a dozen of varying years, though they don't read in arabic numbers, so it's really moot. Anyone interested in obtaining one, pm me. $2.50 each, includes shipping.
Yes, there are 4 K&N pod filters.
All the power mods described in my signature have resulted in a 13+ hp increase over stock numbers that I've seen posted, spinning 96 rwhp.
 
MG, What was involved with the Airbox and assorted plumbing delete, K&N pods with MCC intake mods? Who's/what is the windscreen? It seems many have that one. My oil cooler is black on my 13 - Is it grey on the 14 or is that another mod?
 
Thread starter
Here's a couple shots of the throttle bodies with the K&N's.
There are some pics of the parts and the description of the intake mods on my CB Face Book page, noted below in my signature. Check it out.
Fairing and windscreen is a Road Comet 1. Oil cooler screen is an Etching Factory piece, available at Web!ke or Samurider.

rbike_imp said:
MG, What was involved with the Airbox and assorted plumbing delete, K&N pods with MCC intake mods? Who's/what is the windscreen? It seems many have that one. My oil cooler is black on my 13 - Is it grey on the 14 or is that another mod?
 
MG, 'sorry don't do facebook. Too many years in IT for that. It would be nice to have it in the how to section of this forum.

When I did a search, each filter (HA-1301) was apx $74 x 4= $296. They did not show any "container / base" for attachment to throttle body, ... After calling K&N, Did you get a different generic clamp on K&N that comes with the filters? If so please provide part #. Thanks

BTW, I love the open air under the filters - Great mod for the beauty. The heck with performance,....
 
Incredible! I like those black pipes...never thought I would but they look great when seen on the bike.
Great job!
 
Thread starter
rbike and others who have emailed and pm'd, thanks for your inquiries. I'm sorry, I'd like to duplicate all the info and post it here for you but I just don't have the time, energy or the desire - besides, I used FB because I'm not an IT guy and doing it otherwise would cut way into my riding time!!! Everything I modded regarding the engine and electronics cost over $3k and required a lot of disassembly, machining (the throttle bodies need to be removed from the engine and machined, flanges and manifolds need to be fabbed, machined and welded up and powder coated - gotta look good - to mount the K&N's) and then dyno tuned. Not inexpensive and not a DIY project by any means. In my opinion however, worth every penny and looks bitchin!!!!! Maybe the first of the year things will be less hectic for me and I can attack creating a how to piece here :(
 
Thanks for a reply. Talking to K&N he said if I measured the TB, they could match up with a clamp on. I assumed that is what you did vs a whole lot of time, work, and $$$$. It sure looks great though!

Here is the K&N cone shaped webpage I thought you picked from. Is there no match from the list that will clamp on to the TB without machining, ...?
http://www.knfilters.com/search/univcone.aspx

 
Thread starter
One could maybe try cutting up the inlet tract part of the air box and Somehow attach some tubing to it to mount the filters. I don't have it any more otherwise I could look for you. Maybe there's some pics in the service manual that could help.
 
God I love this site!

Your bike is off the charts gorgeous MG! Many thanks for sharing. I your pictures into my Custom CB1100 picture folder.
 
Thanks MG. When I have the time, I will investigate and use your pics to make a design for fabrication. I'll provide it to all if anyone is interested after/should I get it done. The beauty it adds is without words and adds 100% finishing touches to the Retro design. I don't know why Honda didn't ask for user input first or at least after initial release.

MG, By any chance do you have the design specs available/handy for the new flanges/filter mounts you could PM me? I'll take it from there.
 
Back
Top