Could I be done?

Papa Weeley_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
...well, at least for now? Finally got the Staintune exhaust installed, and I actually can't think of anything else I'd like to add to my bike right now! It's a miracle! Hallelujah! :D

If you've seen my other recent pictures, you know that I decided to go with kind of a "Superbike" look with my '13. Not a really radical change from stock, but a little more of a late '70s - early '80s feel to it, of bikes that I loved back then. And it's about where I want it to be now - and still completely comfortable for me, with no compromises for the sake of a "look".

So, the goodies list includes:
Red side covers
MIZ front fender
Road Comet fairing w/ smoked windscreen
Moriwaki frame sliders
CRG style clutch and brake levers
CB 500 mirrors
Chrome chainguard
Metal ('14) sprocket cover
K & H High Double seat
Metalmaven license plate/rear reflector kit
Staintune muffler
...seems like I'm forgetting something, but that should be most of it. ;)


[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2015-6-22%20050_zpspzowttin.jpg.html]
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2015-6-22%20051_zpsm3t9th7j.jpg.html]
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2015-6-22%20052_zpsrhtxcnnx.jpg.html]
 
As absolutely beautiful as your bike looks, it will NEVER be done! It's the thrill of the hunt...if you ever actually WERE done, then you would start over again with another motorcycle. You know its true!!
 
Thread starter
LOL, OK - done for today, maybe?!
Loving the Staintune. It's not nearly as loud as I was expecting, but that's OK. Nice, low, mellow sound, and the bike no longer sounds like a sewing machine - it actually sounds like an in-line 4 now!
And thanks for the compliments - really happy with it, myself.
 
Papa Weeley' pid='95700' dateline='1434996412 said:
...well, at least for now? Finally got the Staintune exhaust installed, and I actually can't think of anything else I'd like to add to my bike right now! It's a miracle! Hallelujah! :D

So, the goodies list includes:
Red side covers /same
MIZ front fender
Road Comet fairing w/ smoked windscreen /same
Moriwaki frame sliders /same
CRG style clutch and brake levers
CB 500 mirrors
Chrome chainguard
Metal ('14) sprocket cover
K & H High Double seat /same
Metamaven license plate/rear reflector kit /similar
Staintune muffler /same

I have much of the same, but need to ask why you are OK with the front and rear fenders not matching, either both chrome or both red?
 
I think riders typically fall into two main camps: 1) guys that want to keep their bikes as close to stock as possible and 2) guys that want to tweak their bike into something even better for them. I always seem to start in the first camp and inevitably end up in the second.

If you do fall into the second camp then you usually become victim to the mindset that was beautifully captured when Nelson Rockefeller (one of the world's richest men) was asked "How much is enough money?" His answer: "Just a little more!"
 
I think it looks great! Well done
 
I love it. But with the passion riders of this Honda have are we ever going to look at our CB's and think there is nothing more to do. What is so great about this bike is that you can do so much to it. The modern "plastic" fairing style bikes out there are very hard to personalize.
What ever you decide its a beautiful bike you have there.
 
An absolute beauty! Can't think of a single, additional modifi ... hey, have you considered putting on chrome bar ends? Would really tie things together nicely. Haha.
 
Thread starter
HikerToo_imp said:
Papa Weeley' pid='95700' dateline='1434996412 said:
...well, at least for now? Finally got the Staintune exhaust installed, and I actually can't think of anything else I'd like to add to my bike right now! It's a miracle! Hallelujah! :D

So, the goodies list includes:
Red side covers /same
MIZ front fender
Road Comet fairing w/ smoked windscreen /same
Moriwaki frame sliders /same
CRG style clutch and brake levers
CB 500 mirrors
Chrome chainguard
Metal ('14) sprocket cover
K & H High Double seat /same
Metamaven license plate/rear reflector kit /similar
Staintune muffler /same

I have much of the same, but need to ask why you are OK with the front and rear fenders not matching, either both chrome or both red?
Honestly, I'm not really OK with it - but the chrome front fender didn't fit the Superbike era look I wanted, and I haven't found a painted rear fender that I like to match. Most look too truncated to my eye...so until something grabs me, what you see is what you get. ;)
ish_imp said:
i really like this bike. Are you thinking of removing the rear fender?
No, and I usually really like FEKs (fender elimination kits) - I have one on my Bonneville, and it looks fantastic. But for some reason - at least to my eye - they "shorten" the rear end of this bike too much for me.

And thanks again for the kind comments, guys!
 
By the purchase of a new muffler from Staintune of 51 Cavendish St, Mittagong NSW 2575 Australia thank you for stimulation of the economy. Like the look of your bike also, a closer look at the photo indicates that with time you may yet be converted.

Regards
 
Truly a beautiful exhaust. When I look at a bike, usually I will fall in love with the whole things, and I'm always reluctant to change any part that will completely change the look of the bike from the first time I laid eyes on her. I wish every exhaust company would give the option of performance in a EOM look, so the original lines are preserved, but the sounds/performance is vastly improved. You would think that it would be easy to do. The high exhaust on my Triumph Scrambler is absolutely beautiful, and I'm so happy that Triumph does offer slip on mufflers that look exactly like the factory exhaust. I really like the Staintune you've installed. It's close to what came with the bike yet a little different, but very classy still for the bike. I never understood how a blacked out, or racing looking, or carbon fiber exhaust with a loop bracket, and a massive red badge on it, fit with the retro classy 70's look of the CB. Your Staintune really looks like it belongs on the CB, and though I wasn't considering replacing the muffler, I will definitely consider this one. It even reuses the EOM chrome guard it seems. The finish look is clean and impeccable. Thanks for sharing.
 
Thread starter
Ghis_imp said:
Truly a beautiful exhaust. When I look at a bike, usually I will fall in love with the whole things, and I'm always reluctant to change any part that will completely change the look of the bike from the first time I laid eyes on her. I wish every exhaust company would give the option of performance in a EOM look, so the original lines are preserved, but the sounds/performance is vastly improved. You would think that it would be easy to do. The high exhaust on my Triumph Scrambler is absolutely beautiful, and I'm so happy that Triumph does offer slip on mufflers that look exactly like the factory exhaust. I really like the Staintune you've installed. It's close to what came with the bike yet a little different, but very classy still for the bike. I never understood how a blacked out, or racing looking, or carbon fiber exhaust with a loop bracket, and a massive red badge on it, fit with the retro classy 70's look of the CB. Your Staintune really looks like it belongs on the CB, and though I wasn't considering replacing the muffler, I will definitely consider this one. It even reuses the EOM chrome guard it seems. The finish look is clean and impeccable. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks very much for the kind words!
Yeah, I can't say enough good about that Staintune. As you noted, it's an extremely well-made, nicely finished piece that really fits well with the bike's looks - and yes, it fits the stock guard as well. The sound is just perfect for my aging self, too; not too loud, but loud enough to know that it's not stock. I couldn't be happier.
 
Back
Top