Could I be done?

Ghis_imp said:
Truly a beautiful exhaust. When I look at a bike, usually I will fall in love with the whole things, and I'm always reluctant to change any part that will completely change the look of the bike from the first time I laid eyes on her. I wish every exhaust company would give the option of performance in a EOM look, so the original lines are preserved, but the sounds/performance is vastly improved. You would think that it would be easy to do. The high exhaust on my Triumph Scrambler is absolutely beautiful, and I'm so happy that Triumph does offer slip on mufflers that look exactly like the factory exhaust. I really like the Staintune you've installed. It's close to what came with the bike yet a little different, but very classy still for the bike. I never understood how a blacked out, or racing looking, or carbon fiber exhaust with a loop bracket, and a massive red badge on it, fit with the retro classy 70's look of the CB. Your Staintune really looks like it belongs on the CB, and though I wasn't considering replacing the muffler, I will definitely consider this one. It even reuses the EOM chrome guard it seems. The finish look is clean and impeccable. Thanks for sharing.
Back in the day these bikes were tricked out all the time. Making changes that would be the types of changes typically done back then is still very much in keeping with the retro theme, even if it is not stock. This bike is not a direct reissue of any of the old CBs anyway but an amalgamation of many of them. In fact, it was the constant modification of these bikes that lead to the development of super bikes today, so it is a historically significant aspect as well.

Come to think of it, maybe a Kerker exhaust should be in my future...
 
The bike looks great Papa Weeley. I'm glad you like the Staintune. I'm not a modder by nature, but if I ever have occasion to replace the OEM muffler, a Staintune is what I'll install. Like you, I really like the sound they make.
 
Thread starter
Thanks, guys.
Cormanus, I'm a major modder - I've probably spent nearly as much on mods on my Bonneville as the bike itself originally cost when I bought it new! However - when I got the CB, I just loved the way it looked, and swore that other than some "comfort mods" like brake and clutch levers and a new seat, I was going to leave it alone...well, you see how that went. But, as Novice alluded to, obviously everything I've done can easily be removed and changed back to stock as needed "without harm".
 
Fine looking machine there PW. Me personally, I like new shocks but that's just because I weigh 150 soaking wet and the stockers look a little tame compared to the other common mods. But still, very nice machine there!
 
Thread starter
Thanks, guys.
Haha, nhawk - I can kind of relate, as I'm about 170-175 myself, but luckily I find the CB ride to be extremely plush. Maybe my perspective is skewed from riding a Bonneville the past three years - that one rides like a buckboard!
 
Paint your Honda letters on the side cases like I did mine, it adds a nice touch, I'm surprise nobody notice it on my picture tread, at least not mention it....it's looking good and not over done....thumbs up....
 
Original equipment CB500 mirrors are solid and have a wider view. You can find them as a replacement part at Honda OEM suppliers or try eBay for deals. They may be branded "Ken Sean" which I think is an OEM supplier.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thanks Huladog. I think I found the same mirror, if they are OEM CB500 13,14,15 mirrors. I like the shape and that the stems attach to the end of the mirror instead of the back like most after mkt ones.
 
Chapomis_imp said:
Papa, where did you get the CB 500 mirrors ? Are they as solid as the stock ones ?
I've posted the part numbers for the mirrors here:
CB500F mirrors.
 
kennyw_imp said:
Chapomis_imp said:
Papa, where did you get the CB 500 mirrors ? Are they as solid as the stock ones ?
I've posted the part numbers for the mirrors here:
CB500F mirrors.
I've posted the part numbers for the mirrors here:
CB500F mirrors.
Thanks Kenny and Chip and Papa. Those are the numbers that I came up with yesterday, confirmation is good :) I think they look great on the bike, a lot less Mickey Mouse'ish (no offence Ferret) plus I really like that they are further to the outside and more glass area, my old eyes need all the help they can get.
 
Back
Top