Corrosion On Shocks and ABS

sorrentino100_imp said:
Just wondering if any other members are experiencing corrosion on the front ABS ring or rear shock mounts?
I can't comment on the abs ring because my bike isn't so equipped, but nothing on my shock mounts. Is your bike garaged? Salty climate? Even storing it near a water softener (salt pellets in briny water) can cause rust.
 
Well, a scratched old frog's armpit. 4 years and 55,000kms:

a233db1042668469a4b1397cadbbd8ce.jpg


Stone chipped? Yes, it's seen quite a bit of wet gravel/dirt road. Dirty? Yes, I'm not big on super detailing. But corrosion or rust? No.

afbea9bb861e6eaf7e8bb660e3d8f2bc.jpg


sorrentino100_imp said:
I found a used 2014 Deluxe with just a tick over 2000 miles. I'll know more tomorrow about making a deal.

Thanks for all the responses.
Maybe your bike was stored badly.

The corrosion was obviously well hidden when you purchased. Only recently I see. If you bought it from a dealer I would ask a question or two of them.

Cheers
 
I'm 1/2 mi. from Long Island Sound and park outside with only a bike cover under a carport.No rust or anything at all. Two years now,previous bike ten years with no rust,etc.
 
sorrentino100_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Just had the shocks of my '10 last week. Clean as a frog's armpit.

Cheers
ABS Ring
Man, that's just sad...

I must say that between this and some of the engine paint peeling issues, I'm not too impressed with the attention that Honda paid to surface treatments..

Time for the Silver or Black Satin spray can (!)
 
I have had excellent results with ACF-50 anti corrosion spray; especially on my KTM dirtbike that is always covered with wet mud.

Wash and dry the bike well (I dry the bike as well as I can then sit it out in direct sunlight to dry out every nook and cranny). Soak the aerosol can in hot (not boiling!) water for a few minutes to allow the product to come out in a more fine mist, spray a couple of LIGHT (key word is LIGHT!) coats on the bike and the bike is protected for a few months!

AVOID TIRES, BRAKE ROTORS, CALIPERS AND BRAKE PADS! (I wrap them in Saran wrap)

Lear Chemical Research Corporation
 
Back
Top