Corbin Seat

Lash 10_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Does anyone know of a discount price for the Corbin Gunfighter seat and backrest ? I would appreciate any advice .
 
Lash 10_imp said:
Does anyone know of a discount price for the Corbin Gunfighter seat and backrest ? I would appreciate any advice .
If they are at a bike event. I saved maybe $50 Good Luck..
 
ss2wheels_imp said:
just go to Home Depot buy a concrete block and paint it black, a lot less money:rofl:
I warned you that some people say the seats are hard....:D

But a follow up question is- Do they soften up over time?
 
Have one on my BMW 24 years and now on the CB. Corbin says 3,000 miles to break in. But far more comfortable than factory seat from day one. Have not tried other brands. It can be an expensive trial and error path.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Had a Corbin on my Road King, 25000 miles, Ducati monster 15000 miles, Kawasaki W650 7500miles...Bought one for the CB at Laconia bike week at a discount....Good luck
 
LiveToRide_imp said:
My Corbin cradles my butt like a mother holding her newborn's cheeks in her cupped hands
I don't know if you work in Sales and Marketing, but perhaps you should. You just cost me $393, but my butt and I thank you.
 
Well I have near 2,000 miles on my Corbin, and I am happy to report I can ride long periods with no discomfort.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
For quite a while I considered an after-market seat because my rear end suffered mightily. Now that I have 6k miles on her (yea, I know its pitiful; have owned it for 2 years now) The oem seat does me no harm anymore. It is just about perfect, even after 3 or 4 hours in the saddle.
There are times that I wish the oem was an inch or two higher because of my left knee that will need to be replaced in the not-too-distant future, but once I look at the CB's profile directly from behind, I realize the 5-6 hundred Franklins spent on an after-market seat could be much better spent on say, a new set of shocks. YRMV.
Jim
 
Jerry did you go down there or just order one?
 
Lash 10_imp said:
Does anyone know of a discount price for the Corbin Gunfighter seat and backrest ? I would appreciate any advice .
Lash 10,

I have 3 seats for my CB11, the stocker which I was very unhappy with, a K&H mid seat which was an improvement, and a Corbin which is the only seat I use now. It's very comfortable.

Next, as all Corbin seats are made to order there is no stock sitting around at dealers to "go on sale". As a previous poster mentioned, Corbin gives a discount at shows they attend. So call them up and tell them you'll order a seat if they give you the show discount. They will almost certainly do it. If they don't, ask when their next show is and order it over the phone then. Cheers.

Chip
 
Have a Corbin on my BMW for 25 years, so I am a fan. Just yesterday received a new but different model Corbin seat for the BMW. I have confidence in the product. I just go with the standard model.

I use the same seat on my 2013 CB1100 and my 2014 CB1100 DLX. Glad the swap is so easy. Fits both and works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Randy B_imp said:
Jerry did you go down there or just order one?
My previous post was probably misleading. (I'm guilty of a bit of hyperbole from time to time.) What I should have wrote is that I am 99% certain that I am going to go with the Corbin Gunfighter & Lady when I change my seat.

I will probably go down to Hollister. (Good excuse for a ride.) I want to try it before I buy it, and it seems there are some advantages to fine tuning the order in person.

I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on a purchase because I preferred the stock Nighthawk seat over the Corbin that the previous owner put on there. When people say Corbins are hard, they do mean hard... I think I'll put the Corbin back on the Nighthawk and give it a serious test to see if I can get used to it if I really, really try.
 
Funny, I have never ridden any bike with a Corbin, but have sat on a few. Hard to believe that brick could be comfortable for 3 miles much less 300. I am always amazed by the endorsements from Corbin owners, but the vast majority seem to love them.
 
Corbin says give it time. Never felt that on my first Corbin 25 years ago. Back the the stock BMW seat was painful. I was 25 years younger and probably 80 to 100 pounds lighter and a lot more fit. I found both Honda seats painful after 1 hr of riding. The Corbin was not a lot better at first, but now I suspect I could go almost all day.

I am a firm believer.

Rather than saying it is hard, I would saw it is firm an supports. Would love to try a Russel Day long.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top