Corbin seat and back rest for cb1100

mdharne_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Has anyone purchased the back rest and seat for cb1100?
I am curious to how the back rest attaches and how sturdy it is.
Thanks for taking your time to answer my thread.
 
No experience with CB version, but for Sportsters, the backrest slides in and out of the seat and is quite secure.
 
Thread starter
Is it comfortable? Sorry about all the questions just alot of money to spend. I am also thinking crash bars and heated grips. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
 
mdharne_imp said:
Is it comfortable? Sorry about all the questions just alot of money to spend. I am also thinking crash bars and heated grips. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Seat comfort: No experience with Corbin, but understand some break-in is necessary.

Crash bars: Put them on my 1976 CB750F day one. Did not need them for ~5 years,then they paid for themselves.

I put engine guards on my CB1100 the day I brought it home. Ordered 08P70-MGC-N20 from Temucula Motor Sports for $171.45.

Heated grips: Enjoyed them on a BMW R1200R 2 hour test ride a few years ago...so, I know they are nice when chilly, but no experience on the CB.
 
I rode about 1200 miles with a Corbin seat that I purchased from a member. It was hard but the shape was correct for touring. I did not use the backrest that was included with the purchase but it seemed very solid and I will use it when my wife wants to ride.
Dino
mdharne_imp said:
Has anyone purchased the back rest and seat for cb1100?
I am curious to how the back rest attaches and how sturdy it is.
Thanks for taking your time to answer my thread.
 
I have a Corbin seat with an aftermarket backrest. Couldn’t bring myself to spend $250 for the real deal. It’s just something to keep your passengers from sliding off the back. My wife thinks the backrest makes riding feel much safer. I think it attaches very securely.

Tomorrow it goes to Seth Laam to add some more padding and make it a “long range” seat. I might be crazy but I’m looking for perfection.
 
The Deluxe I bought came with a Corbin seat and passenger backrest. It does bolt in and seemed sturdy enough to give my wife the support she wanted but I added a Honda luggage rack and mounted a Givi plate and trunk to it instead to have lockable storage.
 
The backrest does use up the luggage rack space. Haven’t tried, but looking at it I don’t see how a Givi and backrest could both fit. Eventually I plan on trying the Givi. Another reason not to spend a lot on a Corbin backrest.
 
warman_imp said:
I have a Corbin seat with an aftermarket backrest. Couldn’t bring myself to spend $250 for the real deal. It’s just something to keep your passengers from sliding off the back. My wife thinks the backrest makes riding feel much safer. I think it attaches very securely.

Tomorrow it goes to Seth Laam to add some more padding and make it a “long range” seat. I might be crazy but I’m looking for perfection.
Warman,
I emailed Seth back in late Sept and in late October he called me.
I thought it rather strange to take that long to reply.
He seemed like a nice guy and I have a ship date to get my stock seat to him by 11/27
I checked his website and there is one photo of a CB1100 seat. I sent him a request to get info about it and he never replied.
I have a Corbin and have about 400 miles on it. On my last ride after about 80 miles I moved up onto the rear lip to stretch out and felt better after just a mile and moved back down. I’m now thinking I may want a tall K H seat. On my 14 DL 1000 VStrom I have a total flat Seat Concepts tall seat and love being able to move around and change positions.
Does anyone else have a Seth Lamm seat, if so how does it work for you and did they build it as you desired
 
Mscb1100_imp said:
warman_imp said:
I have a Corbin seat with an aftermarket backrest. Couldn’t bring myself to spend $250 for the real deal. It’s just something to keep your passengers from sliding off the back. My wife thinks the backrest makes riding feel much safer. I think it attaches very securely.

Tomorrow it goes to Seth Laam to add some more padding and make it a “long range” seat. I might be crazy but I’m looking for perfection.
Warman,
I emailed Seth back in late Sept and in late October he called me.
I thought it rather strange to take that long to reply.
He seemed like a nice guy and I have a ship date to get my stock seat to him by 11/27
I checked his website and there is one photo of a CB1100 seat. I sent him a request to get info about it and he never replied.
I have a Corbin and have about 400 miles on it. On my last ride after about 80 miles I moved up onto the rear lip to stretch out and felt better after just a mile and moved back down. I’m now thinking I may want a tall K H seat. On my 14 DL 1000 VStrom I have a total flat Seat Concepts tall seat and love being able to move around and change positions.
Does anyone else have a Seth Lamm seat, if so how does it work for you and did they build it as you desired
Warman,
I emailed Seth back in late Sept and in late October he called me.
I thought it rather strange to take that long to reply.
He seemed like a nice guy and I have a ship date to get my stock seat to him by 11/27
I checked his website and there is one photo of a CB1100 seat. I sent him a request to get info about it and he never replied.
I have a Corbin and have about 400 miles on it. On my last ride after about 80 miles I moved up onto the rear lip to stretch out and felt better after just a mile and moved back down. I’m now thinking I may want a tall K H seat. On my 14 DL 1000 VStrom I have a total flat Seat Concepts tall seat and love being able to move around and change positions.
Does anyone else have a Seth Lamm seat, if so how does it work for you and did they build it as you desired
I was to get him my seat by 11/28. Quite a coincidence. He called me just a day after my first inquiry and was very friendly. I also saw the pictures of his CB1100 seat and liked what I saw.

I talked to two aftermarket seat people and one told me he had three hundred seats in que. Not sure if it was Seth or not. Seth says it will be about three weeks. But I don’t mind waiting to get what I want. I still have my stock seat so I can still ride.
 
I have a Corbin seat my last ride was around 600miles I could not have done it if it wasn't for that seat. It does require a break in period and their customer service is awesome as I had them shave the seat so I could reach the ground better when I had the cover replaced under warranty.
 
warman_imp said:
Mscb1100_imp said:
warman_imp said:
I have a Corbin seat with an aftermarket backrest. Couldn’t bring myself to spend $250 for the real deal. It’s just something to keep your passengers from sliding off the back. My wife thinks the backrest makes riding feel much safer. I think it attaches very securely.

Tomorrow it goes to Seth Laam to add some more padding and make it a “long range” seat. I might be crazy but I’m looking for perfection.
Warman,
I emailed Seth back in late Sept and in late October he called me.
I thought it rather strange to take that long to reply.
He seemed like a nice guy and I have a ship date to get my stock seat to him by 11/27
I checked his website and there is one photo of a CB1100 seat. I sent him a request to get info about it and he never replied.
I have a Corbin and have about 400 miles on it. On my last ride after about 80 miles I moved up onto the rear lip to stretch out and felt better after just a mile and moved back down. I’m now thinking I may want a tall K H seat. On my 14 DL 1000 VStrom I have a total flat Seat Concepts tall seat and love being able to move around and change positions.
Does anyone else have a Seth Lamm seat, if so how does it work for you and did they build it as you desired
Warman,
I emailed Seth back in late Sept and in late October he called me.
I thought it rather strange to take that long to reply.
He seemed like a nice guy and I have a ship date to get my stock seat to him by 11/27
I checked his website and there is one photo of a CB1100 seat. I sent him a request to get info about it and he never replied.
I have a Corbin and have about 400 miles on it. On my last ride after about 80 miles I moved up onto the rear lip to stretch out and felt better after just a mile and moved back down. I’m now thinking I may want a tall K H seat. On my 14 DL 1000 VStrom I have a total flat Seat Concepts tall seat and love being able to move around and change positions.
Does anyone else have a Seth Lamm seat, if so how does it work for you and did they build it as you desired
I was to get him my seat by 11/28. Quite a coincidence. He called me just a day after my first inquiry and was very friendly. I also saw the pictures of his CB1100 seat and liked what I saw.

I talked to two aftermarket seat people and one told me he had three hundred seats in que. Not sure if it was Seth or not. Seth says it will be about three weeks. But I don’t mind waiting to get what I want. I still have my stock seat so I can still ride.
Warman,
I emailed Seth back in late Sept and in late October he called me.
I thought it rather strange to take that long to reply.
He seemed like a nice guy and I have a ship date to get my stock seat to him by 11/27
I checked his website and there is one photo of a CB1100 seat. I sent him a request to get info about it and he never replied.
I have a Corbin and have about 400 miles on it. On my last ride after about 80 miles I moved up onto the rear lip to stretch out and felt better after just a mile and moved back down. I’m now thinking I may want a tall K H seat. On my 14 DL 1000 VStrom I have a total flat Seat Concepts tall seat and love being able to move around and change positions.
Does anyone else have a Seth Lamm seat, if so how does it work for you and did they build it as you desired
I was to get him my seat by 11/28. Quite a coincidence. He called me just a day after my first inquiry and was very friendly. I also saw the pictures of his CB1100 seat and liked what I saw.

I talked to two aftermarket seat people and one told me he had three hundred seats in que. Not sure if it was Seth or not. Seth says it will be about three weeks. But I don’t mind waiting to get what I want. I still have my stock seat so I can still ride.
Warman
Have you heard from Seth since sending you seat, I havent
 
Back
Top