Compression Socks

White Dog_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Give me your opinion of compression socks--good, bad, indifferent, but only if you have worn them. I'm leaning seriously towards adding them to my riding attire to avoid blood clots.
 
Thread starter
Stichill_imp said:
How long do you ride between stops to get off the bike?
I'm not so sure the length of time is the sole criteria, as much as how agressive a ride I do. I have recently been riding more curvy roads than ever and even though my body shifts around, the legs tended to remain in a stationery crook. However, to answer your question direct, I'd say 1-2 hours between stops, admittedly longer riding than before this spring.
 
1-2 hours isn't really all that long unless you're just gassing up and then immediately going for another 2 hours, but it can't hurt anything if you wear them.
 
I wear some motorcycle specific socks sometimes..they are even marked right and left lol, but not sure I feel any benefit from them. I do a lot of long stints in the saddle like the 5500 miles in 11 day trip which ended up being 10-12 hours a day for a week and a half straight, or the recent ride to and from from Ark which the return trip was 698 miles in 1 day of 12 hours straight except for gas stops. I do lots of 8-9 hour rides. Maybe I should start worrying about clots...or get better socks lol.
 
Like classicvw said, you're probably ok but it can't hurt. I wear compression socks every day to stand all day and walk around working as a nurse (not for clot protection but blood return) and we like to put them on patients who tend to lay around all day (clot protection). They're cheap on the internet, $20-30 a pair. I like 15-30mmhg compression.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
I wear some motorcycle specific socks sometimes..they are even marked right and left lol, but not sure I feel any benefit from them. I do a lot of long stints in the saddle like the 5500 miles in 11 day trip which ended up being 10-12 hours a day for a week and a half straight, or the recent ride to and from from Ark which the return trip was 698 miles in 1 day of 12 hours straight except for gas stops. I do lots of 8-9 hour rides. Maybe I should start worrying about clots...or get better socks lol.
Or, change your avatar to "Mister Iron Butt"
 
Back
Top