Common Tread Digest #182 - dealing with distracted drivers

Yep. At a traffic light, I spend most of the time watching the mirrors. A few years back I was sitting at a light when I heard screeching tires approaching from behind. I've always left some space in front of me to be able to duck between the cars ahead and it came in handy. The distracted driver stopped manage to stop his truck right where my bike had been.

The article talks about distracted driver recognition, which I think is pretty easy. The distracted driver of today looks just like the drunk driver of yesterday.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Yep. At a traffic light, I spend most of the time watching the mirrors. A few years back I was sitting at a light when I heard screeching tires approaching from behind. I've always left some space in front of me to be able to duck between the cars ahead and it came in handy. The distracted driver stopped manage to stop his truck right where my bike had been.

The article talks about distracted driver recognition, which I think is pretty easy. The distracted driver of today looks just like the drunk driver of yesterday.
Yep, same here. We don't have the intense traffic here like in really big cities, but I still watch my mirrors at traffic lights and moving along in city traffic.
The cell phone epidemic is everywhere.
 
Thread starter
I'd like to see law enforcement switch from speed control to cell phone interdiction.
 
I'm certainly afraid of distracted drivers... and deer lol
 
It's a constant annoyance especially commuting to work. Had a guy driving in a van with his left leg hanging out the window and his cell phone in his right hand driving next to me on Monday. I got his attention and just started shaking my head and he knew right away what he was doing. Just 1 of many distracted drivers I see every day and am only too glad to point out to them with "WTF" are you doing!
 
Back
Top