Columbus Day Weekend 2016

Sorry you're having to cut the trip short. Hurricanes can be such a bother, forcing many to change plans. We're supposed to get 70mph winds by tomorrow night and plenty of desperately needed rain. Let me know if I can assist you in any way on the last leg of your trip home. Be safe.
 
I'm sorry to hear you had to cut your trip short. :(

Get home safely and hunker down. This looks to be a nasty storm that looks to be running up the east coast of florida.
 
Glitches are generally not good things.
 
Be careful! Gonna be Windy and WET!



Bob- That photo was my version of the Michelin man impersonating My Favorite Martian.
 
Congrats Nemo, glad to hear you made it, especially with all the road closure notices today. Good luck riding out Matthew!
 
Glad you made it safely. Put the bikes on the third floor and hit the road west. We'll be thinking good thoughts all weekend for you and the family. And I'm glad Fran is on hand. He seems like a very capable guy.
 
Well done, Nemo. I hope everything's OK with you and your family.

And with those of other members of the forum who may be affected by Matthew.
 
Loks like Nemos area is going to get the brunt of the storm about 5 pm this evening.

Hunker down guys it's coming.
 
We got it last night. Wind gusts to 60mph and lots of rain which we are thankful for. Power went out around 10 PM last night and we're running on the Generac for now.

Our yard is full of broken tree limbs and debris but we are fortunate to have just caught the storm's edge. Ken and Steve have evacuated I hope as South Carolina is getting hit now.
 
Wonder how the Nemo's are faring. Hope he checks in ok soon.
 
I would imagine that if Redbirds has no power that Nemo doesn't either. Hoping for a good report though.

Or, I could be wrong as Nemo is online now! :)
 
Thread starter
We made it! It was very rough from 2 to 6 pm and stayed gusty through the night. We lost power at midnight and still without. The beaches took a serious hit and St. Augustine is in bad shape. The only damage to our home was 3 panels of the back fence. We are very fortunate.

Thank you all for keeping an eye out for us. Means a lot.

Stay tuned.
 
Back
Top