Columbus Day Weekend 2016

Thread starter
4 Paws_imp said:
Nemo,

I just did that ride recently. Your schedule is realistic. I know the Meadows of Dan area quite well if you want food/lodging recommendations. PM me if interested. Little Switzerland a great lunch stop, don't bypass the view from Mt. Mitchell.
Cherokee is kinda ugly and quite touristy but the Nantahala Gorge is still a nice ride.. You will be right at the Cherohala Skyway, if you haven't ridden it its worth checking out. About 45 miles of nice twisty quiet and very scenic riding - I only saw 4 cars the whole time. Robbinsville was crazy though with all the pirates headed to "the dragon".
When we get to Cherokee my plan is to go see Wheels Through Time then start moving towards home. Depending on what kind of time we're making, we may be able to take the detour to the Cherohala. Because of weather I didn't see it when I went to the Dragon last year.
 
Moist & foggy in the mornings up here but fairly warm. Riding in a long sleeve t shirt under my mesh jacket.
Highs around 70 and lows around 55.
 
Thread starter
4 Paws_imp said:
Moist & foggy in the mornings up here but fairly warm. Riding in a long sleeve t shirt under my mesh jacket.
Highs around 70 and lows around 55.
Thanks! I'll be in mesh jacket and pants but will keep the waterproof liners in.
 
Great plans Nemo ! My son and I were going to try and ride the whole BRP last spring, but my wife didn't like the idea of dropping us off up North, driving the trailer to the end and just waiting for us. I told her she could bring a book ?
 
Thread starter
Chapomis_imp said:
Great plans Nemo ! My son and I were going to try and ride the whole BRP last spring, but my wife didn't like the idea of dropping us off up North, driving the trailer to the end and just waiting for us. I told her she could bring a book ?
:rofl:
 
Thread starter
:celebrate: Happy that next week I'll get to see InHouseBob, 4Paws and The A-man!!

Paging Mr. Popgun! :D
 
Nemo_imp said:
:celebrate: Happy that next week I'll get to see InHouseBob, 4Paws and The A-man!!

Paging Mr. Popgun! :D
Yeah, popgun! Where are you?
 
Nemo & 4 Paws I'm only 4 miles off the BRP at route 89 that's around mile marker 215. Love to hook up with you guys for some seat time.. I'm free any time.
 
The BRP next weekend? Isn't the weather from that hurricane supposed to be here (in VA. at least) then?

I don't think I'll be there.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The BRP next weekend? Isn't the weather from that hurricane supposed to be here (in VA. at least) then?

I don't think I'll be there.
Looking at what's available now, it looks like Nemo will arrive to nice weather and ride inland before anything from the storm arrives. The storm track could make the ride south a challenge, but right now it's impossible to predict. He may loop right around all the bad weather and arrive home to a sunny day. And either way, the wind should be at his back. Here's hoping! If things change, there are lots of Forum-mates along the way that might be of assistance. If it's ugly by Tuesday, Nemo, you can stay here until it clears. How are your t-shirt printing skills? :beerchug:
 
Thread starter
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The BRP next weekend? Isn't the weather from that hurricane supposed to be here (in VA. at least) then?

I don't think I'll be there.
Looking at what's available now, it looks like Nemo will arrive to nice weather and ride inland before anything from the storm arrives. The storm track could make the ride south a challenge, but right now it's impossible to predict. He may loop right around all the bad weather and arrive home to a sunny day. And either way, the wind should be at his back. Here's hoping! If things change, there are lots of Forum-mates along the way that might be of assistance. If it's ugly by Tuesday, Nemo, you can stay here until it clears. How are your t-shirt printing skills? :beerchug:
I'm color-blind... I'm sure I'll come up with very intersting products.
 
Nemo_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The BRP next weekend? Isn't the weather from that hurricane supposed to be here (in VA. at least) then?

I don't think I'll be there.
Looking at what's available now, it looks like Nemo will arrive to nice weather and ride inland before anything from the storm arrives. The storm track could make the ride south a challenge, but right now it's impossible to predict. He may loop right around all the bad weather and arrive home to a sunny day. And either way, the wind should be at his back. Here's hoping! If things change, there are lots of Forum-mates along the way that might be of assistance. If it's ugly by Tuesday, Nemo, you can stay here until it clears. How are your t-shirt printing skills? :beerchug:
I'm color-blind... I'm sure I'll come up with very intersting products.
I'm color-blind... I'm sure I'll come up with very interesting products.
Sounds perfect!

A couple of Auto-Train suggestions...
1) Ambien.
2) Sit as far from the doors as possible. People will be in and out of the car ALL NIGHT!
3) Sit as far from the bathrooms as possible.
4) If you get a two story car, take the top story so as to be even farther from the doors.
5) Ambien.

See you Tuesday, my friend! :excited:
 
Popgun. Be there. I want a photo of you and the CB with others to prove you exist!
 
The Mrs & I are headed down to NC and are planning on driving (vs riding) Skyline Drive on Tuesday, stopping in Charlottesville then on to the BRP. If we see Popgun we will point him in your direction.
 
The ferret_imp said:
LOL does he?
It's a good question. I had this recollection there was a photo of him picking up the ST from Ridem32, but search as I will, I'm darned if I can find it.
 
Chapomis_imp said:
The Mrs & I are headed down to NC and are planning on driving (vs riding) Skyline Drive on Tuesday, stopping in Charlottesville then on to the BRP. If we see Popgun we will point him in your direction.
Got my National Park senior pass there recently, a money saver.

If you are in the area the annual outhouse races are being held in Independence VA that weekend, truly a cultural highlight of the region.
 
Back
Top