1973cb750
Been there
dont forget the tstat and a new gasket as well,Nachodaddy_imp said:That reminds me, I need to change my coolant.

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
dont forget the tstat and a new gasket as well,Nachodaddy_imp said:That reminds me, I need to change my coolant.

O0o0o thats Tev! Nice guy I didnt know he had a channel. I'll have to followCormanus_imp said:He is indeed: Tev62.
dont forget the tstat and a new gasket as well,1973cb750_imp said:dont forget the tstat and a new gasket as well,Nachodaddy_imp said:That reminds me, I need to change my coolant.![]()
:rofl:Hmmm. That was quite the sewer mvk24.mvk24_imp said:O0o0o thats Tev! Nice guy I didnt know he had a channel. I'll have to followCormanus_imp said:He is indeed: Tev62.
2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Also I did my Front brakes and Clutch flush earlier.
My clutch reservoir was real dirty and the bottom if the reservoir looked like it had algae growing in it lol. I had to give it a scrub with a clean nylon brush and fill/remove a few times to get the crap out.
Flush was easy after that. Took me a few min to realize the Shift linkage and rod had 2 dots that correspond to each other. I marked a line with a soap stone before I took it off and then accidently washing it off when I was wiping off all the dirt and oil while the cover was off.
Felt good to be able to get something done.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Hmmm. That was quite the sewer mvk24. Yea I'm not sure how lol. I'm very meticulous with my vehicles. I didnt have a leak that I know of but might be worth ordering a new gasket for the master cylinder. It really did look like there was a thin layer of moss or something on the bottom.GoldOxide_imp said:Hmmm. That was quite the sewer mvk24.mvk24_imp said:O0o0o thats Tev! Nice guy I didnt know he had a channel. I'll have to followCormanus_imp said:He is indeed: Tev62.
2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Also I did my Front brakes and Clutch flush earlier.
My clutch reservoir was real dirty and the bottom if the reservoir looked like it had algae growing in it lol. I had to give it a scrub with a clean nylon brush and fill/remove a few times to get the crap out.
Flush was easy after that. Took me a few min to realize the Shift linkage and rod had 2 dots that correspond to each other. I marked a line with a soap stone before I took it off and then accidently washing it off when I was wiping off all the dirt and oil while the cover was off.
Felt good to be able to get something done.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
No problem,Wagonpeddler_imp said:Pictures and videos much appreciated....
As long as it is the very best bottled stuff from the top of Humphreys PeakNachodaddy_imp said:That reminds me, I need to change my coolant.
.As long as it is the very best bottled stuff from the top of Humphreys PeakTev62_imp said:As long as it is the very best bottled stuff from the top of Humphreys PeakNachodaddy_imp said:That reminds me, I need to change my coolant..
. Only the best. 
Awesome glad it went well for you too.Wagonpeddler_imp said:Thanks again for all the help here. Took the plunge (pun intended) yesterday. Fluid was dark, but reservoir was pretty clean. Siphoned out enough of the old fluid, but not all to avoid the chance of air getting in. Attached Mity Vac to the bleeder, but due to the angle, had to keep a hold on the bleed hose there. Next time I'll make a 45 degree adapter and clamp the hose to the bleeder.
Gear changes seem a little smoother now.
That is not the plastic cover you seek. This video by Terrence O'Keeffe is fun to watch once you get past the painful music and intro. Should answer all your questions.Nachodaddy_imp said:That is not the plastic cover you seek. This video by Terrence O'Keeffe is fun to watch once you get past the painful music and intro. Should answer all your questions.mvk24_imp said:Does anyone have a photo of where the bleeder/clutch slave cylinder is? The write up sais to remove the shink linkage from the plastic side cover but the shift linkage goes to metal cover and the plastic cover is up near the tank? I think im just reading something wrong but photos or videos make it alot easier for me to visualize.
2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
:beerchug: