Clutch Fluid

Cormanus_imp said:
He is indeed: Tev62.
O0o0o thats Tev! Nice guy I didnt know he had a channel. I'll have to follow

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Also I did my Front brakes and Clutch flush earlier.

My clutch reservoir was real dirty and the bottom if the reservoir looked like it had algae growing in it lol. I had to give it a scrub with a clean nylon brush and fill/remove a few times to get the crap out.

Flush was easy after that. Took me a few min to realize the Shift linkage and rod had 2 dots that correspond to each other. I marked a line with a soap stone before I took it off and then accidently washing it off when I was wiping off all the dirt and oil while the cover was off.

Felt good to be able to get something done.
162c6d98041595753a6467267cc402ef.jpg
784c6be8bf288c758a3723dee3952268.jpg
ea92c5c69da53e780475777f1e2f8b99.jpg
bb35d65cc7e22f755d90248bd8775fc7.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
MVK24, glad it worked out for you. Your photos make it all much clearer, too. Thanks.
1973cb750_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
That reminds me, I need to change my coolant.
dont forget the tstat and a new gasket as well, :P
dont forget the tstat and a new gasket as well, :P :thumbsup::rofl:
 
mvk24_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
He is indeed: Tev62.
O0o0o thats Tev! Nice guy I didnt know he had a channel. I'll have to follow

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Also I did my Front brakes and Clutch flush earlier.

My clutch reservoir was real dirty and the bottom if the reservoir looked like it had algae growing in it lol. I had to give it a scrub with a clean nylon brush and fill/remove a few times to get the crap out.

Flush was easy after that. Took me a few min to realize the Shift linkage and rod had 2 dots that correspond to each other. I marked a line with a soap stone before I took it off and then accidently washing it off when I was wiping off all the dirt and oil while the cover was off.

Felt good to be able to get something done.
162c6d98041595753a6467267cc402ef.jpg
784c6be8bf288c758a3723dee3952268.jpg
ea92c5c69da53e780475777f1e2f8b99.jpg
bb35d65cc7e22f755d90248bd8775fc7.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Hmmm. That was quite the sewer mvk24.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
He is indeed: Tev62.
O0o0o thats Tev! Nice guy I didnt know he had a channel. I'll have to follow

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Also I did my Front brakes and Clutch flush earlier.

My clutch reservoir was real dirty and the bottom if the reservoir looked like it had algae growing in it lol. I had to give it a scrub with a clean nylon brush and fill/remove a few times to get the crap out.

Flush was easy after that. Took me a few min to realize the Shift linkage and rod had 2 dots that correspond to each other. I marked a line with a soap stone before I took it off and then accidently washing it off when I was wiping off all the dirt and oil while the cover was off.

Felt good to be able to get something done.
162c6d98041595753a6467267cc402ef.jpg
784c6be8bf288c758a3723dee3952268.jpg
ea92c5c69da53e780475777f1e2f8b99.jpg
bb35d65cc7e22f755d90248bd8775fc7.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Hmmm. That was quite the sewer mvk24.
Hmmm. That was quite the sewer mvk24. Yea I'm not sure how lol. I'm very meticulous with my vehicles. I didnt have a leak that I know of but might be worth ordering a new gasket for the master cylinder. It really did look like there was a thin layer of moss or something on the bottom.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Wagonpeddler_imp said:
Pictures and videos much appreciated....
No problem,

For anyone else looking for a photo of where the clutch fluid bleeder is i'll circle it.

Once you take off your Gear shift linkage (1 10mm bolt), you then remove the cover behind it thats being held on with 3 Allen key bolts.
7d1b3a61ea3cc5ac84687e72300f63ec.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Tev62_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
That reminds me, I need to change my coolant.
As long as it is the very best bottled stuff from the top of Humphreys Peak :).
As long as it is the very best bottled stuff from the top of Humphreys Peak :). Only the best.
:thumbsup:
:biker:
 
Thread starter
Thanks again for all the help here. Took the plunge (pun intended) yesterday. Fluid was dark, but reservoir was pretty clean. Siphoned out enough of the old fluid, but not all to avoid the chance of air getting in. Attached Mity Vac to the bleeder, but due to the angle, had to keep a hold on the bleed hose there. Next time I'll make a 45 degree adapter and clamp the hose to the bleeder.
Gear changes seem a little smoother now.
 
Wagonpeddler_imp said:
Thanks again for all the help here. Took the plunge (pun intended) yesterday. Fluid was dark, but reservoir was pretty clean. Siphoned out enough of the old fluid, but not all to avoid the chance of air getting in. Attached Mity Vac to the bleeder, but due to the angle, had to keep a hold on the bleed hose there. Next time I'll make a 45 degree adapter and clamp the hose to the bleeder.
Gear changes seem a little smoother now.
Awesome glad it went well for you too.

I just used the harbor freight/Pittsburg steel hand pump bleeder with the 45° angle but it didn't seem like it was a great fit so I had to hold it on also.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Does anyone have a photo of where the bleeder/clutch slave cylinder is? The write up sais to remove the shink linkage from the plastic side cover but the shift linkage goes to metal cover and the plastic cover is up near the tank? I think im just reading something wrong but photos or videos make it alot easier for me to visualize.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
That is not the plastic cover you seek. This video by Terrence O'Keeffe is fun to watch once you get past the painful music and intro. Should answer all your questions.
:beerchug:
That is not the plastic cover you seek. This video by Terrence O'Keeffe is fun to watch once you get past the painful music and intro. Should answer all your questions.
:beerchug:
Great Video. However, he forgot the fork oil change process. Outside of installing new shims, it’s a probably one of the mire intensive processes, especially if you have to replace the fork seals.
 
Back
Top