Clock runs fast?

jerrycon_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I noticed today that my clock was 7 minutes fast. I set the clock exactly to cell phone time on or about when we went on Daylight Savings Time on 2017 March 12th. That was 215 days ago. Let's call it 7 months ago. Is anybody else's clock running a minute faster than cell phone time per month?

Disclaimer: The 2014 Black Beauty performed like a Thoroughbred Race Horse today. The question above regards a mere trifle.
 
I think I set my clock 3 1/2 years ago when I bought it, but I never check it against my phone. Maybe I will do that today. Being retired , time means very little to me anymore.

Edit, now that I think about it I reset it every 6 months for daylight savings time. Other than that I never check it lol

ok just check both bikes against cell phone 8:23 on cell phone.... CB 8:23 .... ST 8:25
 
Mine is 14 minutes fast. Purchased 9\11\2015. That's when the batt was hooked up. I don't mess with daylight blah blah blah I just add or subtract an hr. So in a little over 2 yrs it's gained around 15 min.

Maybe I'll fix that today. Wait...DST is coming up...
 
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Mine is 14 minutes fast. Purchased 9\11\2015. That's when the batt was hooked up. I don't mess with daylight blah blah blah I just add or subtract an hr. So in a little over 2 yrs it's gained around 15 min.

Maybe I'll fix that today. Wait...DST is coming up...
I hate when the time changes in the fall. Our eating area overlooks the deck and garden. When the times changes all I see while eating supper is black windows. Depressing. :(

I use to ignore the fall time changes when I first retired and just used RST (Retired Standard Time). The home boss was not impressed. :@
 
Nortoon_imp said:
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Mine is 14 minutes fast. Purchased 9\11\2015. That's when the batt was hooked up. I don't mess with daylight blah blah blah I just add or subtract an hr. So in a little over 2 yrs it's gained around 15 min.

Maybe I'll fix that today. Wait...DST is coming up...
I hate when the time changes in the fall. Our eating area overlooks the deck and garden. When the times changes all I see while eating supper is black windows. Depressing. :(

I use to ignore the fall time changes when I first retired and just used RST (Retired Standard Time). The home boss was not impressed. :@
I hate when the time changes in the fall. Our eating area overlooks the deck and garden. When the times changes all I see while eating supper is black windows. Depressing. :(

I use to ignore the fall time changes when I first retired and just used RST (Retired Standard Time). The home boss was not impressed. :@
"RST - Retired Standard Time". I like that concept.
Jim
 
I live in AZ, where we do not go through that silly exercise of resetting clocks twice a year :D :D

I've noticed that the clock on my '13 tends to gain about 6-8 minutes per year.
 
On June 17th, I set my 2014 Standard clock to my cell phone time (within a few seconds of actual time). I just checked and the clock time appears the same.

RST.....Perfect! :clap:
 
Back
Top