chrome trim

fredkb_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Since the daytona cozy seat has plastic chrome trim around the bottom to give an old school look, I thought I would try it with the stock seat. What do you guys think? Good or bad?
8927ec194ee46c74d06b53e38e7c031c.jpg
681e1f3d7f87061cc524ce700042c965.jpg
b6af4513183a40ac7ac98f27888b0d91.jpg
f6cff185b43371d81716a5d9b10babf9.jpg
 
Looks nice! I had some chrome trim on my fuel tank and liked it. That is until the engine heat resulted in the trim sagging after a 1000 miles or so. Glue could have fixed it but I opted to take it off.

But it's an inexpensive modification and is in keeping with the retro look.
 
Thread starter
Papa Weeley, I cant make up my mind which look I like the best. The Daytona seat was comfortable enough, but I am considering a K and H seat. I also like the look of the Tiro. I could not afford the KandH ,so I bought the Cozy. I liked the Cozy just fine, but now am able to afford a KandH. You know how it is, you sell something to buy something different, then you wind up wishing you had kept the one you had to start with. You never know till you try it out.
 
LOL. Yeah, I can relate only too well - you're speaking to the king of that! I have 5 seats (had 6) for my Bonneville, let alone multiple sets of different handlebars, mirrors, etc. The list goes on and on!
Speaking of which, let me know if you decide to sell the Daytona - I may be open to changing my look down the road, too. :D
 
Thread starter
Papa, I have sold it to a fellow forum member last night, I hope to put the proceeds toward a new K and H.
 
Nicely done. Look how the chrome on the seat and tank line up... looks like a straight line. Very cool.
 
+1 for what ferret said!
 
The ferret_imp said:
Nicely done. Look how the chrome on the seat and tank line up... looks like a straight line. Very cool.
Looks good and I agree with the above. Beauty is, of course, in the eye of the beholder so I hope you don't mind me saying that the OEM chrome rack would carry that line through at the same level and finish the "look" nicely.

I do understand that you probably prefer your current rack for other reasons.

Cheers and well done.
 
Looks real nice. I'm very, very seldom into bling of any kind, but this I like. Is it just the auto parts store stuff? Ride safe and have fun.
 
Thread starter
Luke duke, I bought it at Advance Auto Parts. It was about $15 for a roll of 20 feet. You just cut with scissors and peel off backing tape and stick down. I moistened a cloth with a little alcohol and cleaned area before sticking it down. It seems to hold pretty good as long as you dont pull it up to reposition it. You can always remove it later if you dont like it.
 
Back
Top