I have to chuckle a bit as I post this. If you were to look at my CB1100, you'd probably never guess that it belongs to the person responsible for starting this forum. My CB is bone stock except for the Honda Rear Carrier and the Staintune slip-on exhaust. An admittedly short list of farkles, and the rear carrier might be put away in storage for a while.
This past week I got a wild hair and ordered a set of the Honda Chrome Meter Covers. That's right, call me crazy, but I've added a third accessory to my bike.
There are plenty of images of these out on the web so I've skipped the pics of them on the bike. Installation was a breeze and even though I'm not really a "chrome guy", I really like the look. It adds just a bit more retro style to the CB.
I really just thought it was fun to take a moment and reflect on just how much others have done to modify their CBs, especially considering that most of this has been done via overseas distributors. Maybe some day we'll start seeing more availability of aftermarket parts here in the States (although I'm not going to go holding my breath until then).
If I really decide to go nuts, I might just order some of those little rubber end covers for the levers (now what were those part #s ?).
This past week I got a wild hair and ordered a set of the Honda Chrome Meter Covers. That's right, call me crazy, but I've added a third accessory to my bike.
There are plenty of images of these out on the web so I've skipped the pics of them on the bike. Installation was a breeze and even though I'm not really a "chrome guy", I really like the look. It adds just a bit more retro style to the CB.I really just thought it was fun to take a moment and reflect on just how much others have done to modify their CBs, especially considering that most of this has been done via overseas distributors. Maybe some day we'll start seeing more availability of aftermarket parts here in the States (although I'm not going to go holding my breath until then).
If I really decide to go nuts, I might just order some of those little rubber end covers for the levers (now what were those part #s ?).
now I don't feel as bad as having a stock CB. When I say stock I mean nothing has been added to mine in two months of ownership and 1300 miles. At least you have somehing added on yours.
lol
we like pictures Guth! So you have to post one