Check out this thread from my old home...

Their opinions somewhat make sense... the way I see it, is that the new CB1100 isn't really marketed to the people who wanted a CB1100 from 1983. Most of those guys (if buying a new bike) would go for a sport bike, or naked sport bike. The new CB1100 is more suited for a guy (or Gal) who would have otherwise bought a Bonneville.

I plan to build a lot of faster bikes, and spend some time on the track with them... But in the process, I wanted a fun, comfortable, reliable bike that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to insure, and wouldn't constantly be in pieces... The CB11 fits that function perfectly.
 
Can't see it unless I register.
 
Thread starter
Randy B_imp said:
Can't see it unless I register.
Crap.....I was afraid of that. :huh:
Most of the members there are very negative regarding the new 1100. They have the right to express their opinions, just as I have the right to express mine.
I've owned TWO CB1100Fs and yes they look a bit sportier with their quarter-fairing and flashier body work and paint. But NOW I don't have 30 y/o carbs that leak and need to be synched; nor do I have 30 y/o brakes that even when new, couldn't come close to the stopping power I have on my new 1100. Plus, my beautiful paint is also 30 years newer. :D
Let them dog this new Honda............we will just ride while they are wrenching. :heart:
 
Just inform them that the CB1100 isn't intended to be a modern interpretation of the CB1100F.

That bike would be the CB1000R.
 
Very, very true. I am lucky enough to steward over a bunch of 60's and 70's Hondas, including a bunch of SOHC4's. Riding the CB1100 is like riding my '76 CB750F, but with incredible pick-up and braking. But the feeling is the same, if that makes any sense. The '83 CB1100F was a rocket ship in its day, and still even today. i think the Honda RR's are fantastic offspring for that bike. Our bike is different.

Gersh
 
Back
Top