Changing 4 into 1 to 4 into 2 exhaust

Mscb1100_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Has anyone attempted this on a 2014 Standard?
I was considering sending my header to Jet Hot and thought I would look into this option also.
Haven’t been able to find any 4 into 2’s or rearsets to attach to.
Any ideas or suggestions?
 
Mscb1100_imp said:
Has anyone attempted this on a 2014 Standard?
I was considering sending my header to Jet Hot and thought I would look into this option also.
Haven’t been able to find any 4 into 2’s or rearsets to attach to.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Ron in MO did. It cost him about $1400.

I have seen several posts asking if the 2014 DLX four into two exhaust system can be installed on a 2013 CB1100 and the short answer is yes. It's not cheap! Even with picking up a set of used DLX headers and aftermarket slip-on mufflers, I spent right at $1,400 on this conversion.

Here is the Honda OEM parts you will need to purchase with prices from Pro Caliber. Note that the big dollar items are the left foot peg holder (left step holder) and left muffler cover. You can reuse the right muffler cover or not use muffler covers at all if you don't mind the black area behind the catalytic converters showing.

OEM Parts Needed for Four into Two Exhaust Conversion:
GASKET, EX. PIPE (4 @ $3.00)
Item #18291-MM5-860
HOLDER, L. STEP (1 @ $154.42)
Item #50750-MGC-N20
RUBBER, MUFFLER MOUNTING (1 @ $7.05)
Item #18421-MBT-D21
COLLAR, MUFFLER MOUNTING (1 @ $4.35)
Item #18422-MGC-N20
BOLT, SPECIAL FLANGE (8X50) (1 @ $3.76)
Item #90109-MZ5-000
WASHER (8.5X26) (1 @ $1.92)
Item #90504-ME4-000
NUT, FLANGE (8MM) (1 @ $0.95)
Item # 94050-08040
COVER, L. MUFFLER (1 @ $41.50)
Item #18525-MGC-N20
RUBBER, PROTECTOR MOUNTING (1 @ $1.59)
Item #18357-MCG-000
SCREW, SPECIAL (6X14) (1 @ $1.32)
Item #90114-MCJ-000
Total Cost: $228.86
 
Haven’t attempted it, but it’s on my list. I’ve got a Yoshimura system, and thought it would be cool to have dual exhausts. Only thing holding me back is I’d loose the center stand.

Exhaust tubing can be purchased from various vendors on-line. You can order pretty much any size tubing and angles to suit your needs.

Edit, just saw Nortoon’s response. Wow!
On the other hand; anything custom/handmade will require the proper equipment and skills. If you let someone else do the custom work, you’ll likely spend as much or more. Doubt you’ll find a used dual system, but it doesn’t hurt to look or ask :D
 
Back in 2013 forum member dUH put a set of Moriwaki 4 into 2s on his. They were gorgeous, and sounded great. i think he did lose his centerstand though.

b49cb5eb3f2a7343c396360d25b39f22.jpg


89e09194dde319cd47bec40735236dfb.jpg


1b0642c2b079faff90f3af7319434487.jpg
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Back in 2013 forum member dUH put a set of Moriwaki 4 into 2s on his. They were gorgeous, and sounded great. i think he did lose his centerstand though.

b49cb5eb3f2a7343c396360d25b39f22.jpg


89e09194dde319cd47bec40735236dfb.jpg


1b0642c2b079faff90f3af7319434487.jpg
Thanks to all for the input, I may just have to go with coating the header on my 14 to make it look like polished aluminum.
I have scoured parts houses and cant find any 2014 deluxe 4/2 pipes and headers.
I like the conversion kit Ferret recommended, but don't want to lose my center stand or 1400 dollars:thanks:
 
you might check with forum member Chip Beck. I remember he had some coating done to his he was extremely happy with. Not sure which one.
 
Just to give you guys a heads up when I get my Wyvern 4 into 4 exhaust I will be selling my entire flawless Deluxe exhaust (including the center stand for $1000 plus shipping....about 7500 dry miles on them and always stored inside...located in La Quinta, Ca.
 
Thread starter
Desert viper_imp said:
Just to give you guys a heads up when I get my Wyvern 4 into 4 exhaust I will be selling my entire flawless Deluxe exhaust (including the center stand for $1000 plus shipping....about 7500 dry miles on them and always stored inside...located in La Quinta, Ca.
I d be interested in buying them
I wouldn’t need the center stand unless their is some structural change between a 14 standard and a 14 deluxe.

If anyone else knows please post.
I know I will have to obtain another left side rear assembly to hold that exhaust
 
Desert viper_imp said:
Just to give you guys a heads up when I get my Wyvern 4 into 4 exhaust I will be selling my entire flawless Deluxe exhaust (including the center stand for $1000 plus shipping....about 7500 dry miles on them and always stored inside...located in La Quinta, Ca.
give us feedback after install

the Con = I do miss not having a center stand.
the Pro = claimed huge HP and torque increase .

I have had some fun with many HD's , my son on my well tuned CB750 and a few other bikes and this 1100 leaves them all quickly in the dust
Dyno from samurider website with these pipes.
 
I have the Morawaki 4 into 4 exhaust with a power commander and setup on a dyno, I've never ridden a CB1100 with stock exhaust, no I have no reference, I can say that mine runs strong and smooth at all RPM's. I do really miss the center stand and have been trying to figure out a reasonable solution. If anyone has a solution, I'd like to hear it. But I wouldn't put a stock setup on just because of the center stand, I love the sound and power that the Morawaki has, it's addicting.
 
There are little stands that hook onto one side of the swingarm that are used in conjunction with the side stand. A buddy had one for his Kawasaki 650 adv.
 
jdinaz_imp said:
I have the Morawaki 4 into 4 exhaust with a power commander and setup on a dyno, I've never ridden a CB1100 with stock exhaust, no I have no reference, I can say that mine runs strong and smooth at all RPM's. I do really miss the center stand and have been trying to figure out a reasonable solution. If anyone has a solution, I'd like to hear it. But I wouldn't put a stock setup on just because of the center stand, I love the sound and power that the Morawaki has, it's addicting.
Have you seen an ABBA Stand? They are a great stand for maintenance. Had one for 10 years, still perfect and lives outside.
 
use2b_imp said:
Desert viper_imp said:
Just to give you guys a heads up when I get my Wyvern 4 into 4 exhaust I will be selling my entire flawless Deluxe exhaust (including the center stand for $1000 plus shipping....about 7500 dry miles on them and always stored inside...located in La Quinta, Ca.
give us feedback after install

the Con = I do miss not having a center stand.
the Pro = claimed huge HP and torque increase .

I have had some fun with many HD's , my son on my well tuned CB750 and a few other bikes and this 1100 leaves them all quickly in the dust
Dyno from samurider website with these pipes.
give us feedback after install

the Con = I do miss not having a center stand.
the Pro = claimed huge HP and torque increase .

I have had some fun with many HD's , my son on my well tuned CB750 and a few other bikes and this 1100 leaves them all quickly in the dust
Dyno from samurider website with these pipes. Will do....your bike has the Wyverns, correct?
use2b_imp said:
Desert viper_imp said:
Just to give you guys a heads up when I get my Wyvern 4 into 4 exhaust I will be selling my entire flawless Deluxe exhaust (including the center stand for $1000 plus shipping....about 7500 dry miles on them and always stored inside...located in La Quinta, Ca.
give us feedback after install

the Con = I do miss not having a center stand.
the Pro = claimed huge HP and torque increase .

I have had some fun with many HD's , my son on my well tuned CB750 and a few other bikes and this 1100 leaves them all quickly in the dust
Dyno from samurider website with these pipes.
give us feedback after install

the Con = I do miss not having a center stand.
the Pro = claimed huge HP and torque increase .

I have had some fun with many HD's , my son on my well tuned CB750 and a few other bikes and this 1100 leaves them all quickly in the dust
Dyno from samurider website with these pipes. Will do....your bike has the Wyverns, correct?
 
Back
Top