Motogeezer1949_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Does this eliminate having to find the tight spot before measuring?Motogeezer1949_imp said:
I, too, was not completely sure if I understood what the Youtube video was intending to demonstrate. What I THINK was the intention is the following:The ferret_imp said:I don't understand how it works? You'd think they would have shown from the side what is happening as you adjust the chain.
Ok, so once the tool forces a certain amount of kink, as you aptly put it, then when the rest of the chain is tightened up with the tool still on so that there is NO SLACK, once the tool is removed there should theoretically be just the right amount of residual "slack" for the required chain tension.The ferret_imp said:yea it didn't help. If there is a kink forced by the tool, and held in place by 2 arms and a bolt with a lock nut, how does that help with chain tension in any way? I don't get it.
You got it! That's what I THINK is going on. Would like to see a live demo myself!The ferret_imp said:so put the kink in it, tighten it tight so there is no slack, undo the tool and there will be the correct slack? Ok think I have it now. I need to see that demo in the flesh lol

kmoney_imp said:Ninjas are cooler thank monkeys.
GreaseNinja Home
Not meant as a hijack, just another cool chain tool I got turned onto yesterday.