quietguy_imp
Been there
Thread starter
For my first thorough cleaning, I plan to try WD-40 also.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.



The ferret_imp said:The hand cleaner?
I use an old tooth brush and WD-40. The stiff brushes may damage the O-rings according to some. Also clean the sprocket teeth at the same time. Wipe it all down with a dry rag and then lube.drodg58_imp said:Btw I did the WD40 with a rag to clean and then used a chain wax to lube. My question what is a good brush to use for cleaning that is safe for the chain on the CB? Thanks
The original Grunge Brush. Available at pretty much any MC shop, or you can find imitations all over eBay.drodg58_imp said:Btw I did the WD40 with a rag to clean and then used a chain wax to lube. My question what is a good brush to use for cleaning that is safe for the chain on the CB? Thanks
Do you have a source for that? I remember someone over on ADVRider (I think) doing some extensive testing of several potential cleaning agents on actual chain o-rings. I recall that long term immersion of o-rings in both kerosene and WD-40 showed no changes. The WD-40 Company also says it will not damage o-rings.NightRider_imp said:WD40 damages the o rings. Use non-flammable kerosene and a brush.
The grunge brush is perfect. A tooth brush works but is a lot of trouble.
Be careful using a grunge brush. It is possible to damage O/Z rings.drodg58_imp said:Btw I did the WD40 with a rag to clean and then used a chain wax to lube. My question what is a good brush to use for cleaning that is safe for the chain on the CB? Thanks