ceramic bead seat covers

Houtman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
On very hot days or long trips I used to put a wooden bead cover on my ( Corbin ) seat too prevent "monkey " butt.
A few weeks ago I bought 3 of the ceramic bead covers from Beadrider.
They are really good looking covers and very comfortable plus they give and extra 1/2 inch seat height.
I will probably even leave them on in the winter and just put a sheep skin pad over them as in the colder weather they could be too cold.
All my seats are vinyl and can be sticky in hot weather , the bead cover allows you to move a little.
 
Thread starter
I did order the 13 by 13 as the Corbin seat is probably wider than the stock.
As I am 6 ft I do not mind that the bead seat covers a little more than just the seat area, now my thighs stay cooler too !
You might just be ok with the 12 by 12 , check their website.
 
So...here's a what if'er for you.... Supposing I put a gel pad on the stock seat and the beaded seat on top of that.... Do you think that would give me a little more height or would it just make everything slide around under my butt?
 
I was wondering the same thing.
 
Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
So...here's a what if'er for you.... Supposing I put a gel pad on the stock seat and the beaded seat on top of that.... Do you think that would give me a little more height or would it just make everything slide around under my butt?
As I do not know your height I think that I would order the ceramic bead seat first , see if this is enough and if not order the gel pad.
 
Back
Top