Cone Man_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
Greetings... Let me make my first post about increasing the size of the cockpit so I'm more comfortable riding. I have too much knee bend on my stock EX and found some relief from an Air Hawk(?) seat pad as a test of how high I'd like a permanent seat. I think I'd love to find another 1.5+ inches so I'm curious about what the set of choice is. I've added foam to dirt bike seats before for height and... works good/looks only fair. Don't think I want to permanently wreck the stock seat in case I sell. I suppose there's the possibility of building up foam on the stock seat and putting a new cover over that. Or adding an "elevating seat cover" if such things exist. I'll attack peg height by making a bracket to lower and move the peg position forward a bit, and make or buy risers and move-rear adapters for the bars.
But for the seat.. I can't be the first guy to need to think about this so let me ask... Did anyone ever assemble the alternatives and ponder which was best and storm forward? Thanks for any help on this you can provide. Ride safe.
CM
But for the seat.. I can't be the first guy to need to think about this so let me ask... Did anyone ever assemble the alternatives and ponder which was best and storm forward? Thanks for any help on this you can provide. Ride safe.
CM
Victory! I must have done 5 generations of seat work on my dirt bike. I'll email the K&H guys and see if they can do the 2017 and a little more height as long as they're messing with the foam, but, as I type that I realize... they get their bases someplace too... I hate when my subconscious assumes I'm going to live forever.