CBX

Glad I wasn't there. I'm weak for those red cbx's lol
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Glad I wasn't there. I'm weak for those red cbx's lol
I have a wonderful wife. When I told her about it she asked why I did not bring it home. I have not bought it yet but am thinking real hard about it.
 
Yeah. I definetely like them better before they made them a sport tourer.

$8000 sounds pretty expensive. I know these are collectible, but I never thought they brought that kind of cash yet. Could be wrong though.
 
I owned an all original orange tank 1979 CBX several years ago. Very top heavy but quite a status symbol. I still see them around occasionally, but wouldn't be my first choice for an everyday bike to ride. I think I paid around $5500 for mine with lots of miles on it.
 
Thread starter
kmoney_imp said:
Yeah. I definetely like them better before they made them a sport tourer.

$8000 sounds pretty expensive. I know these are collectible, but I never thought they brought that kind of cash yet. Could be wrong though.
The guy told me he is 8100 into it. He bought it for 7500 and the clutch was acting up so he had it replaced and put on new tires. Everything else is original and untouched.
 
Ive seen them go as hign as 10K . Nothing sounds like a CBX. Yep top heavy, and these days nothing remarkable about their performance, but man those 6 in a row gleaming waterfall pipes, the beautiful red paint with the black centerstripe and the matching tail section. What a cool motorcycle.
 
Rick Froscheiser_imp said:
kmoney_imp said:
Yeah. I definetely like them better before they made them a sport tourer.

$8000 sounds pretty expensive. I know these are collectible, but I never thought they brought that kind of cash yet. Could be wrong though.
The guy told me he is 8100 into it. He bought it for 7500 and the clutch was acting up so he had it replaced and put on new tires. Everything else is original and untouched.
The guy told me he is 8100 into it. He bought it for 7500 and the clutch was acting up so he had it replaced and put on new tires. Everything else is original and untouched. Nice. Yeah, I guess the value of the 80's (well 1979) Japanese bikes are finally getting up there.
 
I'm with you guys. Love the '79 CBX's. That's the best year (in my opinion). The '80 models received the 85 mph speedometer, which just seemed sacrilegious on this bike. $8000? Seems about right to me considering it's original, unmolested, low mileage and has the stock pipes. I'd love to have it in my garage.
 
On the VERY rare occasions that my wife asks why didn't I bring it home (for anything), I jump right back in the car to go buy it before she changes her mind!!!
 
Love those CBX's. Best sounding motorcycle engine ever, internal combustion music. I would be calling the bank to transfer the money.
 
redbirds_imp said:
Love those CBX's. Best sounding motorcycle engine ever, internal combustion music. I would be calling the bank to transfer the money.
Definetely. They sound like a Ferrari when they're at full song.
 
Have you bought it, Rick?
 
Rick Froscheiser_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Have you bought it, Rick?
No. I am not sure where I would put it in the winter. I lost my winter storage garage for my 2 bikes that I already have.
No. I am not sure where I would put it in the winter. I lost my winter storage garage for my 2 bikes that I already have.
No problem, store it at my place. I'll take real good care of it.
 
Back
Top