CB350 Resto-Mod Cafe'

Razor

Been there
Thread starter
The Honda CB350 seemed to a good starting point. After talking with a good friend... he just happened to have one. A few minutes of negotiation, and a 1972 CB350 made it home.

f530e5ccabf0f7f16c71de96ef2d093f.jpg


Mono shock rear from 2000 CBR600
465539b17c740c9545036598058bffa3.jpg


Inverted front forks with dual disc brakes (yes, I love overkill) 2008 GSXR750
4352e1101a44f1ac13f8bf640a918acd.jpg


Used CBR rear wheel being blasted before powder coat
920d98209950b5e15ae8d5746281ab86.jpg


Some frame mods, machined a few parts, and it's starting to look like something
84d82700a46d4ea980b6eea15863a8e7.jpg


Engine disassembled. Ready for cleaning & inspection
96bc1115b9500b5cbc2b58680431683d.jpg


Took me a while, found a 1970 CB350 tank.
cab68a1f6a1a33dabb897e30c3a61b18.jpg


Extended the counter shaft to align the sprockets
6efe5a8d6369607c6373fb4f71a81e3b.jpg


Here's where the project stands.
df297a6f9016a736cece9865ef52f2e1.jpg


All the lights will be LED. The headlight has three super bright LED's. Low beam is top, single, high beam is all three (blinding). The GSXR has a "pass" switch on the left control. Normally it flashes the high beam, but might use it to engage a strobe through the turn signals.
1878f0652775bb9847d3836f29a8c312.jpg


Tach/Speedo is from SpeedHut. Larger gauge is the tachometer. Unit has a rev light, turn signal indicators, high beam and an LCD display with multiple functions.
b34df2d9ccdc4fb36a2ce4a876c2dd5e.jpg
 
Holy cow..the worlds most exotic and expensive CB 350!

That's a lot of work it appears. Should be cool when you are done.
 
That's quite some project, Razor. Look forward to seeing it unfold.
 
I have ridden a stock CB350 so it should be interesting how this pans out.
 
Thread starter
You guys are way too kind. Thanks


PistolPete811_imp said:
Can I come live with you?
Nope, sorry Pete. Not taking any boarders at this time :rolleyes:
Cormanus_imp said:
This Honda 350 keeps coming into my life. See this post from an Australian forum.

Great video. Sounds like maybe a 350 might be in your future :D
ChipBeck_imp said:
If you like this stuff; I've got another, but it's got four wheels.
 
Sorry..motorcycle forum. I'm sure many would like to see it, but it kind of goes against the rules.
 
Amazing the time and patience it takes to do what you do, I think I would be overwhelmed looking at that parts table. Looking forward to the completed project.
 
I think I have seen this somewhere before - On a different forum maybe? Somewhere ??
 
wow, I will be following this project with great interest !

I wonder.. without more bracing, will the frame be able to take the pounding from the new front and rear ?
 
Thread starter
furious_blue_imp said:
wow, I will be following this project with great interest !

I wonder.. without more bracing, will the frame be able to take the pounding from the new front and rear ?
Good question. The frame was only spot welded from the factory. I've gone ahead and welded the seams, added plates to the spline for the rear suspension, fabbed a spline support and triangulated support braces which incorporate the rear sets.

Here's some pics. Some don't show the final welds, although it's been done.

Plates, holes were plug welded, then outer edges were welded also
9d7638b83e8df2850abad07df69f4797.jpg


This is the center spline support. Got welded on the top, center & bottom
365ae3448e9d8131e6f1234b2f8e26b5.jpg


6b4cf64aed7c12527d2b4af32e0408f5.jpg


709edb45afd109a8625c14b782907145.jpg


d42c66f4f44813433015e4518574ca5c.jpg


7fb41dd9c8665b181293e1d1ece53c3f.jpg


8750ba654703bb4ae90242b247a910ed.jpg


e9e7815d4cef11519761f33a9419dc44.jpg


Thanks again for your interest.
 
Back
Top