CB1300 launched in Japan

I have absolutely no desire to go to any motorcycle showroom at this time. Just nothing out there which currently interests me. However, if either of these bikes were to be available stateside I would be compelled to make the trip to see them in the flesh.
 
I look at the CB1300 just like I looked at all of the cars that Top Gear reviewed that would never come to the U.S. Nice, but I'd never see one.

I agree with Frulk. While the opportunity did arise whereby I can get a deep discount on a Yamaha through my neighbor, I'll pass. I have perused the glove selection at a few local dealers, and glanced at a few price tags on the handlebars. There's really nothing out there that would get me to pony up the cash to get rid of either bike I currently own. I did sit on an XSR 900, but with the fees tacked on, I'd be out of pocket more than I'd like to be right now.
 
Have we reach the peak of motorcycle creativity? Have we passed the peak of motorcycle creativity?

(not unlike creativity expressed in much of current popular music trends)
 
$$$$$$ is sitting and waiting for CB1300 CDN arrival , already called my dealer if they get it, I wish...
:rolleyes:
 
Looking over the article I'm wondering what was "launched". It appears to be pretty much the same as the last several year models. The Rideapart article threw me off at first when they mentioned a monoshock rear suspension, but it looks like they just didn't look at the pics close enough. I checked Honda's Japanese website and it still has the dual Ohlins in the rear.

If it came to the US, I'd definitely be interested. Honda sells a nice looking luggage set that would make this a decent long hauler.
 
The only bike I can see myself getting would be a used VFR800 at this point. Everything is either trying to be too retro (or not retro enough) while being modern or they're trying to be way too hardcore for the track day enthusiasts and sacrifice ride comfort in the process. That blend of sportiness and comfort is hard to achieve with the way the buyside of the market behaves. Sad reality.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Have we reach the peak of motorcycle creativity? Have we passed the peak of motorcycle creativity?

(not unlike creativity expressed in much of current popular music trends)

The new RS660 is supposed to be a fantastic bike.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I am going to call Honda of America, again, but this time to ask for the CB1300. I have a friend from Japan that I am asking to send the message to Honda of Japan too.

I tried, but they will not accept USA emails!
The bike look beautiful for a New bike, and I am sure, very powerful.
 
I have to go to L.A. tomorrow. I'll stop off in Torrance and leave a Post-it note on Honda's front door, telling them we'd like the CB1300, please.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I have to go to L.A. tomorrow. I'll stop off in Torrance and leave a Post-it note on Honda's front door, telling them we'd like the CB1300, please.
+1, include my name as well , CDN
 
Maybe we do a petition, and I slip it through their mail slot?

Last time I was at Honda HQ in Torrance, it was for a "rider focus group" to look at a few prototype bikes and give feedback. They were versions of the now-current Rebel models. Been a few years, but maybe they'll remember me...
 
Back
Top