CB1300 launched in Japan

Will do. Ya never know. Then again, their security may take one good look and stop me at the gate. "Aren't you the guy from the focus group who said we'd be stupid to charge an extra $300 for an LED headlight?"
 
suryamp_imp said:
The only bike I can see myself getting would be a used VFR800 at this point. Everything is either trying to be too retro (or not retro enough) while being modern or they're trying to be way too hardcore for the track day enthusiasts and sacrifice ride comfort in the process. That blend of sportiness and comfort is hard to achieve with the way the buyside of the market behaves. Sad reality.
I'm with you. I've been thinking and researching the VFRs. I'm particularly fond of the latest version (2014 in USA) in white. The little bags too! (But, the CB1100 stays!)
 
Before I bought my R1200R in 2013, I was shopping 2006/7 VFRs, especially tri-color 2007 models. Still wouldn't mind one of those, but heard valve maintenance is quite a chore.
 
What do you guys thinks, especially Forum Moderators, about doing a sign up or something to see which of us would really be interested in buying a CB1300. I would; and cannot see myself buying any new Honda from their present line-up for 2021. Their new 1100 just looks way to robotic for me. I do not mind the Water cooling on the two CB1300 models, because one, they did it nicely and two, there is NO way around it with the new Environmental safeguards. Both models look good, and I like the one w/out the mini fairing. If we do this, we could send it to Honda USA, and hope. The VRF 800, which has been mentioned already has been dropped I think completely for 2021. Which leaves you with a Goldwing. If that is the bike , then we are on the wrong Forum.
 
I don't see any problem with gauging interest in the CB1100 from US and Canadian forum members. Not much point in the rest of us weighing in as we won't boost the US numbers at all.

To be honest, though, I'm sure Honda's already done its market research and made a decision about the CB1300. For what it's worth, I've done a very quick search of Honda models approved for the US and can't find the CB1300. My search methodology is a limited though and may not find a result.
 
Would be better to bring the CB1300 into NA market asap...
Right now, I am still able to handle CB1100/1300, some years from now, I may start looking for look alike lighter bike, and not many options (to my desire) as of today :-/
 
If the largest market (the U.S.) does not get the CB1300, then the recent years of inept and neutered behaviour of Honda Canada will ensure Canada never gets it.
 
I hear very often this opinion: automaker can deliver whatever a head office of particular brand/make orders..., so I believe it also applies to motorcycles.
They tested market for sure...????
 
I think that the low sales of the CB 1100 in the USA told them enough about potential sales of the CB 1300. I would LOVE to buy one of them but even the great CB 1000 94 and 95 model did not sell well at all in the USA , I think about 800 in total.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
I hear very often this opinion: automaker can deliver whatever a head office of particular brand/make orders..., so I believe it also applies to motorcycles.
They tested market for sure...????
Apparently Honda Canada is constrained by the perception of what Corporate Honda thinks the Canadian market can bear. Corporate Honda asks for evidence that the market can absorb a certain request. In the case of a bike like the CB1300, there is probably extra "paperwork" to get the bike certified in Canada that Corporate Honda is reluctant to bother with unless there is a satisfactory "show me" data to back it up.

In short, the execs in Honda Canada are overpaid.
 
IMHO, We will never get the CB1300 on our roads as it is very expensive to get "Certification" for any vehicle/motorcycle in North America plus on top of it, the insurance rate is a killer thus reduces the number of potential customers.

With a very tiny customer base the volume is not there, it does not mathematically make sense to build a business case to the sales department at Honda (Japan) to bring that model over to North America.

Plus the manufacturer must bring in specific spare parts for that model for a minimum of 10? years.

This CB1300 liquid cooled engine is way too old to meet OBD2/Euro5 emission regulation, may be with a newer engine there is a slight chance.

Other asian countries are getting it because of their lower emission requirements than Japan.
Canada will never get it if Honda USA does not bring it over.

Sorry gents, "Grey" market is the way to go.

Regards
Alain
 
In the US, for motor vehicles, "grey market" is only open after they are 25 years old. Any newer and you can't get it titled or plated.
 
I had a meeting today a few blocks away from this place. I stood in the parking lot and yelled “We want a CB1300”, but they just sent a guy out to tell me to please leave.

I tried, fellas.
 
Thanks, Gone. That was a very generous act.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I had a meeting today a few blocks away from this place. I stood in the parking lot and yelled “We want a CB1300”, but they just sent a guy out to tell me to please leave.

I tried, fellas.
:thanks::worship:
Next time get a banner with your request...someone smart and moto-oriented may take a pic and send it to Japan...it only takes several second, now days
Good job :thumbsup:
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I had a meeting today a few blocks away from this place. I stood in the parking lot and yelled “We want a CB1300”, but they just sent a guy out to tell me to please leave.

I tried, fellas.
:D
 
Back
Top