CB1100RS handlebars

cooky6660_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi
I’ve recently bought a CB1100RS. I’m finding the bars a bit low. Does anyone know if the bars off the EX can be retrofitted or would I need all the other stuff off the EX to complete.
Thanks
 
G’day, cooky. Welcome. There’s not too many RS owners here, but you may well get an answer.

Meanwhile, have you tried looking at a parts diagram online to see whether the part numbers align?
 
Thread starter
Aussieflyer_imp said:
Hey there Cooky,

congratulations on the new RS, love that model. You could try something like these simple handlebar risers that are on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30mm-Handl...mp;_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

They are the easiest and quickest way to add height.
Cormanus_imp said:
G’day, cooky. Welcome. There’s not too many RS owners here, but you may well get an answer.

Meanwhile, have you tried looking at a parts diagram online to see whether the part numbers align?
I will do that thanks.
 
When I looked at this thread again, I was reminded that there were two or maybe three different types of bars available for the 2013 CB1100. My suspicion is that you should simply be able to swap them over, but please don't take my word for it.
 
jtopiso_imp said:
MaFiHa_imp said:
Motorbike Handlebar Risers

Those are a little bit pricey but I ordered it for my RS, too. 15 cm.
High quality
Are there more elegant solutions? Are there replacement parts for the lower halves of the clamps, with different heghts?

(15cm seems a bit too much. Check your units! :D)
Are there more elegant solutions? Are there replacement parts for the lower halves of the clamps, with different heghts?

(15cm seems a bit too much. Check your units! :D)
mm, not cm :blush:
Sorry! ;)
 
Thread starter
MaFiHa_imp said:
cooky6660_imp said:
MaFiHa_imp said:
Motorbike Handlebar Risers

Those are a little bit pricey but I ordered it for my RS, too. 15 cm.
High quality
Any idea how high you can go with the risers before changing cables etc?
Any idea how high you can go with the risers before changing cables etc?
20 mm, not higher
Any idea how high you can go with the risers before changing cables etc?
20 mm, not higher

I need 50mm. Looks like I’ll be changing cables then. Bummer!
 
jtopiso_imp said:
MaFiHa_imp said:
Motorbike Handlebar Risers

Those are a little bit pricey but I ordered it for my RS, too. 15 cm.
High quality
Are there more elegant solutions? Are there replacement parts for the lower halves of the clamps, with different heghts?

(15cm seems a bit too much. Check your units! :D)
Are there more elegant solutions? Are there replacement parts for the lower halves of the clamps, with different heghts?
What I mean, are there alternative pars to "13" on the diagram?
Is there a taller version (and/or with different longitudinal offset) to part-no "53132-MEJ-000"?

Tuberia de manija / puente superior / vastago de direccion para Honda CB 1100 RS ABS 2017 - Honda
 
Hey Cooky,
I have a set of Honda OEM taller handle bar risers. I swapped back to the originals and mounted a lower Type II bar. If you're interested, let me know.
-Mike
 
Thread starter
HigginsNYC_imp said:
Hey Cooky,
I have a set of Honda OEM taller handle bar risers. I swapped back to the originals and mounted a lower Type II bar. If you're interested, let me know.
-Mike
Hi yes interested I’m in the UK can you ship?
 
cooky6660_imp said:
HigginsNYC_imp said:
Hey Cooky,
I have a set of Honda OEM taller handle bar risers. I swapped back to the originals and mounted a lower Type II bar. If you're interested, let me know.
-Mike
Hi yes interested I’m in the UK can you ship?
Hi yes interested I’m in the UK can you ship? would you guys know whether Type II and RS are the same?If RS is different and lower I would buy yours,Cooky,
would you be interesting to send them to Texas and how much?
 
The RS bar is lower than the Type II, and unfortunately a bit too low. I bought an RS one for my 2014 EX, and the only way for it to fit without touching the tank was to angle them too far forward, which meant an upward angle of the handles. I found the height good, but the angle up was not comfortable. Also, the RS bar is not as wide as the Type II.
 
Henrik_imp said:
The RS bar is lower than the Type II, and unfortunately a bit too low. I bought an RS one for my 2014 EX, and the only way for it to fit without touching the tank was to angle them too far forward, which meant an upward angle of the handles. I found the height good, but the angle up was not comfortable. Also, the RS bar is not as wide as the Type II.
OK,thanks
 
I have the opposite problem, I have the EX and want lower bars. I think the throttle cables and clutch and brake lines would need changing to do a proper job of it. Maybe we should do an exchange?;)
 
Also had issues with the low bars so fitted renthal 754’s about £35 tugged and pulled wires tubes etc all good take your time uts a nice easy job
 
HigginsNYC_imp said:
Hey Cooky,
I have a set of Honda OEM taller handle bar risers. I swapped back to the originals and mounted a lower Type II bar. If you're interested, let me know.
-Mike
Do you have part no, pictures, dimensions of the "rise"?

Thanks
 
Back
Top