CB1100ex test report (Taiwan)

Notice the heat shields on the mufflers. Have only seen those on the bikes imported into Taiwan


CB 1100 A little History


Sure glad we didn't get those. Like my muffles smooth.
 
Of course Ferret, you don't ride with your whole family on the back either...
 
I would say, this is Taiwan, not Japan. They ride right hand side and I guess the language is Chinese.

They seem to like the bike and call it a homage to the classical soul of motorcycle.

Thanks for posting the link.
 
Thread starter
yes, I would agree. The exhaust has extra dress guard that no other region seems to get.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Notice the heat shields on the mufflers. Have only seen those on the bikes imported into Taiwan


CB 1100 A little History


Sure glad we didn't get those. Like my muffles smooth.
Sorry to disagree, Ferret, but those extra pieces on the Taiwanese CB1100EX mufflers are not heat shields. They are protection guards to keep the shiny parts of the exhaust cans from getting scratched were the bike to be dropped on either side and then slide down the road. This is most evident from the slightly curved end-pieces that go alongside of the outermost edges and then curl underneath the rear tips of each can where contact with the road surface would be most likely to occur. Look at 0:54 in the first video [
] to see just what I mean. Afterward, instead of having to replace the whole muffler can, it would only be necessary to replace the wire guard protector itself.

BTW, I concur that a smooth look is more attractive than the busier look of this extra hardware! Just wanted to set the record straight on what the real purpose of this unusual contraption trim is.

fritz
 
Back
Top