jitaylor_imp
Running like a top
Lately it has been hard to get the r1200 RS out of my head, rather than the r9t. The RS seems like the perfect roadster. There is the price problem, but other than that, it has been calling out to me.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Interesting. I will see if I can get the local dealer to let me. LRanger, Have you already had a chance to do a ride comparison? That would be interesting to hear about.LongRanger_imp said:Ride one before you decide. You might dislike the engine and gearbox, especially compared to the Honda.
I'd say lusty spells it out!LongRanger_imp said:I've ridden neither a Griso nor a RNineT, but I have ridden a Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport 2V (predecessor engine to the Griso's 4V) and plenty of oilhead BMW's. Both had more torque than the CB, both handled better, and both were very satisfying in real-world conditions. The examples I rode had nice gearboxes and well-behaved drivetrains. "Lusty" is the adjective I'd use to describe the riding experience. My issue with Moto Guzzi is the lack of U.S. dealerships and inadequate service & support from the importer, Piaggio. My issue with BMW mostly reflects the frustrations I'm having with my current R1200RT. The CB is a more polished, more refined bike than either of these two, at least in my opinion, though I don't find it offers the same level of sporting performance. It all depends on what you're after.
The only Southern Nevada dealership was purchased by someone I now refuse to do business with. The previous owners were really good guys, but retired.GoldOxide_imp said:It is really sorry to hear what Piaggio is letting happen to Moto Guzzi. Forum members seem to suggest they are trending down.
