CB1100 RS, CB1000R & CB1100EX

I can understand why we didn't get both models here in Canada, small market and all but I don't understand why the US is getting neither?
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Nortoon_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
I can't stop looking at the RS, I'm going to the Honda shop later this week to see if they are getting one in. I suspect they will as they are the largest dealer on the east coast.

The only problem is I don't think I will be able to handle the extra forward lean to the bars after my latest back surgery.

I was just looking at the Aprilia Shiver 900 for my next bike - I'm getting out of the off road scene (selling my dirt bike and jeep in the spring) and that should open up some space for another street bike.

I may have to reconsider.
68959bacb4534091bc2254e2714f43fc.jpg


Nice looking machine. 94 horsepower and only a 481 pound curb weight.
2fcce6cecc3e1b55a831872cdeca4185.jpg


Nice looking machine. 94 horsepower and only a 481 pound curb weight.
:D
If you both love it = buy it!!!!!:clap:.....
Good luck:exclamation:

pb
There is a dealer here that sells them. THE MSRP is just under $10,000 Canadian.

If money was no object, I would spend $2,000 more and buy a Yamaha FJ-09 Tracer. More horsepower, less weight, more comfortable up-right riding position, and pages of dealer supplied accessories to make it a lightweight touring motorcycle.
 
Well, here in the US we already have the Kaw Z900 RS. Local dealer said he sold one already. He STILL has the old CB1000R from 2011. He also has a '14 CB1100. I think the RS could do well in the U.S. But not word on that yet, just that he is getting the new CB1000R which is a nice machine.
 
You are probably right , we are guessing at sales numbers but Honda knows for certain how many are imported each year and SOLD.
 
I'll be parked in my truck camper along the Thorne River in Ak with my spey rod in hand and my labrador . You guys can ride up and I'll turn you on to some salmon fishing. I'll set you up and then take your cb1100 for a spin. I'll be fishing from mid July to mid- Oct. Nice ride to Prince Rupert in BC where you hit ferry #1 on the way to POW.
 
Thread starter
Most likely price for 2018 RS in CDN:

Price $14,399
Status New
Make Honda
Model CB1100A
Style/Trim CB1100AJ
Stock Number CB1100AJ
Mfg Exterior Colour BLACK
Cylinders 4
Cooling System Air Cooled
Transmission 6 Speed
Engine Classification Fuel Injected
Exterior Colour BLACK

pb
 
Honda Canada shows the RS Fuel tank holds 16.8 liters.
So why do they show 14.6 liters for the 2017 EX fuel tank.

I am sure Honda did not make two different tanks.
 
Thread starter
Nortoon_imp said:
Honda Canada shows the RS Fuel tank holds 16.8 liters.
So why do they show 14.6 liters for the 2017 EX fuel tank.

I am sure Honda did not make two different tanks.
:hello: Nortoon,
I think we already went through this..???

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The 2017 CB1100 CA (EX) and CB1100 NA (RS) fuel tank holds:
16.8 liters 4.44 US gallons 3.70 Imperial gallons
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,
Nortoon,
Here is Honda Canada response::

"In response to your message regarding the fuel tank capacity of the 2017 CB1100EX model, it is 14.6L as stated in the Canadian brochure. The US model states the capacity at 4.4 gallons, or 16.6L.

The difference can be attributed to different regulations in Canada vs. USA."

Or for more details, see this link and post #31
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....544&page=4

pb
 
Back
Top