CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
e74e694aa856431e18cac08b764812ce.jpg
 
Nice! Since my new job centers around Mustangs, my boss is really pushing me to get one. Haven’t had one in ten years.
 
I can't have anything larger than my current Fiesta. Otherwise, I can't fit the CB in front of it and the Bonneville behind it in the garage.

Doesn't keep the boss from nagging me about getting a Mustang.
 
Just a bit of evergreen mixed with the high altitude remnants of winter.

df5585960a59e75144009d7497790a3c.jpg


07792b48a4e00baa34bad76d8e433130.jpg


The beautiful, early spring ride didn't end on the same note it started out on, sadly. About 1/2 mile from home as I was mulling over whether to keep going for a longer ride, my TPMS started alerting me to let me know my rear tire pressure was dropping.

52e1a88b80a6b97bf850eb63bf42e745.jpg


I knew better than to drive through a construction area. Anytime the roads are bumpy, some construction truck is going to bounce roofing nails out of their truck bed. Along with my perpetual defiance of statistical probability of stepping on the one tiny dog poop in an otherwise poop-free back yard, it was inevitable that I would also run over a nail in the road.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Beautiful pictures! Bummer about the nail, though. Did you get a flat?
I did. I took it to the tire guy I have used since the late 90's and they used to patch tubes. Now they apparently won't anymore and will only put a new tube in. Trying to find a tube has been difficult. I am not sure what to even order for this bike.
 
Beautiful mountain pics Whoops. Too bad about the puncture. My brother put new tubes in when he replaces tires on his Bonneville and keeps the old tubes for spares.

Good one Frenchie!
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Nice one Frenchie. :rofl:

Whoops, here's a link to the OEM tube part number: https://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/p/honda/42712-mgc-n22/tube-tire-dunlop
Thank you very much Cormanus!


The ferret_imp said:
Beautiful mountain pics Whoops. Too bad about the puncture. My brother put new tubes in when he replaces tires on his Bonneville and keeps the old tubes for spares.

Good one Frenchie!
Is it common for tire shops to only put in new tubes these days instead of patching them, or is the shop I use a rarity for even patching them in the past?
 
I dont know of a shop that would patch a tube these days
 
We have had a tremendous amount of rain in the last month. The vineyard fields are turning green. While on a ride today, I stopped and made a new friend. He appears to share my love for Cb1100 motorcycles and wanted to also go for a ride:

3d45029745c131033c46c67091d046f1.jpeg


Have a great week, everyone. David
 
A goat must surely ride without a helmet. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top