CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't keep up with Gone. I took this picture in front of a vacant store front in nearly abandoned Tri State Mall Montague, NJ. Most of the stores relocated to nearby Pennsylvania.
 
Tev62_imp said:
Very comprehensive Gone! :-)
Thanks, guys. That's all just in the downtown area of my town. Indeed, signs everywhere. And a whackadoo in a rolling Beetle Manifesto. Never actually met the guy. Kinda hope I don't.
 
I warned you, didn’t I.

Security dude was on high alert last night for the “Sad Summer Festival”, whatever that is… had his yellow vest on and was making sure everyone was parking in the right place.

Sometimes if I work really late, someone coming back from a concert who parked in front of my office will bang on my door yelling “Hey man, where’s my car?”

I’ll say “Dude, they towed your $%#t” and hand them the number for the tow yard. $250 ouchie.

Hope the Sad Summer Festival is a bunch of Emo bands. Emos are either too sad or too lazy (don’t care which) to leave trash in my parking area.
 
Tried to find some "different" no parking signs on today's ride

b9482499c17961c23f033f79dbf5ee5a.jpg


95fe3a8866d8adeb20a69e14d8a1018c.jpg


1a86789976598ea309eb7bf95ee3ea6e.jpg
 
suhawk305_imp said:
Good pictures Ferret, but I must point out that it is time for you to get out from the gutter (2nd picture).
:rofl: ;)
 
Ok, I'm a month late with this one, when we were comparing gas prices. Yeah, CA is high, but just saw this on Saturday evening. Left the museum and went to a concert at Union Station, the main train station in Downtown L.A. Leaving pretty late at night, I caught this and remembered that this station is pretty outrageous.

Too dark and late at night to try to get my bike in the picture without getting clipped by a drunk driver, but Great Googly Moogly, that's a lot of scratch. This is located across the street from a popular tourist area, Olivera Street, and just down the block from the Union Station.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Yeah. Gotta figure there must be enough unsuspecting tourists for it to make sense.

Or, since it's also across the street from Phillipe, a storied and famous sandwich place (the claimed originator of the French Dip), they might get enough fans headed home from a Dodger game who skipped a Dodger Dog to fulfill the other tradition of grabbing a Phillipe's sandwich and might need just a little gas to make it the rest of the way home.
 
We are slightly up at $ 3.39 a gallon right now. I'm glad the CB gets 60 mpg ....the NC 80 mpg.... and my Camry 37 mpg.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Ok, I'm a month late with this one, when we were comparing gas prices. Yeah, CA is high, but just saw this on Saturday evening. Left the museum and went to a concert at Union Station, the main train station in Downtown L.A. Leaving pretty late at night, I caught this and remembered that this station is pretty outrageous.

Too dark and late at night to try to get my bike in the picture without getting clipped by a drunk driver, but Great Googly Moogly, that's a lot of scratch. This is located across the street from a popular tourist area, Olivera Street, and just down the block from the Union Station.
Maybe the propane is cheap?
 
I’m currently paying around $4.25 for regular in my neighborhood.Our gas guzzler is the CRV at around 26mpg.
 
The ferret_imp said:
We are slightly up at $ 3.39 a gallon right now. I'm glad the CB gets 60 mpg ....the NC 80 mpg.... and my Camry 37 mpg.
Your CB gets 60 mpg? Wow. My average is 47.8 mpg. Even riding at steady speeds around 50-60 mph max didn't seem to affect the mpg much.
 
If my maths are right — and, embarrassingly, they’re often not — we’re paying a little north of US$5 for a US gallon of petrol today. So, even by our standards, $7 is steep.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top