CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2013 CB1100 struggles to get 50 mpg. Always has. Most of my riding is between 4200-5500 feet but can go to 9,000 on average. Bike is well maintained, valves were/are in spec, runs on non-ethanol for most of the time. Has a Road Comet on it.
 
Filled the tank 33 times on my first CB back in 2015-2016, average mpg was 47.8.
Filled the tank only 4 times on my "new" CB , average mpg is 47.8.
Best mpg I've ever had was 52, worst was 43.8.
 
Thread starter
Happy August. Gone has the pick of pix this month as a result of his dazzling array of illegally parked CB1100s in July.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Happy August. Gone has the pick of pix this month as a result of his dazzling array of illegally parked CB1100s in July.
Agreed…. but how many parking ticket did he get for his multiple violations??:P
 
peterbaron_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
Happy August. Gone has the pick of pix this month as a result of his dazzling array of illegally parked CB1100s in July.
Agreed…. but how many parking ticket did he get for his multiple violations??:P
Agreed…. but how many parking ticket did he get for his multiple violations??:P
Not a one, thank you! Looked for Five-0 before stopping, and just snapped and ran.

Ok, if it's to be me, let's have two options to get more people snapping pics of your bikes! I'm still fascinated by Tev's Folly doo-dad. And it was fun to take pictures of no parking signs.

So, how' bout this:
Option 1: A picture of your bike with some architectural thing that doesn't seem to serve any practical purpose other than decoration.

Option 2: A picture of your bike with a "Motorcycle Only" parking sign.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
Happy August. Gone has the pick of pix this month as a result of his dazzling array of illegally parked CB1100s in July.
Agreed…. but how many parking ticket did he get for his multiple violations??:P
Agreed…. but how many parking ticket did he get for his multiple violations??:P
Not a one, thank you! Looked for Five-0 before stopping, and just snapped and ran.

Ok, if it's to be me, let's have two options to get more people snapping pics of your bikes! I'm still fascinated by Tev's Folly doo-dad. And it was fun to take pictures of no parking signs.

So, how' bout this:
Option 1: A picture of your bike with some architectural thing that doesn't seem to serve any practical purpose other than decoration.

Option 2: A picture of your bike with a "Motorcycle Only" parking sign.
Bonus points if both options are contained in one photo?
 
Go to a Harley dealer. They usually (at least the one here does) have a Harley only parking sign.

Don’t ask, PB!!
 
We have a few here.

If you don't, you probably have something that fits the other option!
 
Man, now I wish I still had a motorcycle and B) still lived in Las Vegas. Danny "The Count" Koker had a bar about a mile from my house that had a "Motorcycles Only" parking area in front of it.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Go to a Harley dealer. They usually (at least the one here does) have a Harley only parking sign.

Don’t ask, PB!!
When I ride one of my routes, I see a dealer on a very nicely located property, but I have never seen anyone alive there, sometimes 1 or 2 bikes or some sort of display outside.
Next time I'll go in and ask them if they know you........;)
 
I think EmptySea has a ‘motorcycle only’ sign at his office.
 
ef3cd5dbfc2285aed2b1b2f3c5dd33f7.jpg


I braved some drizzle for this entry! Just out of frame is a Slingshot that insists on parking in the motorcycle parking every day (it’s closest to the building entrance in a lot that’s a quarter mile long).
 
Nice Steve. I regard most Slingshots as life-size Big Wheels for people who want to provide Street Theater (most in my area are festooned with LEDs and pump loud undesirable music, so I am showing my bias).
 
So here I was bagging on IKEA last mont for not letting me park a few little zombie project cars on their bigger-than-Rhode Island, see-it-from-space parking lot. But take a look, they do have designated motorcycle parking. I guess it tracks that a furniture store that tried to market their own bicycle a few years ago would be kind to the two-wheeled set.


And here’s the motorcycle parking zone in the town’s central plaza. Centered in front of a trendy restaurant and near Starbucks, it’s just the place to show off your Panigale, your Ural sidecar rig, your bar-hopper, or even a CB1100.
 
Rode 47 miles this morning on the CB looking for things that might qualify for this month's challenge. No luck so far.
 
There's something out there for you, Ferret. I didn't expect IKEA to have motorcycle parking, just noticed it when I stopped to by an ice cream cone.
I have a whimsical architectural doo-dad or two in mind, but don't know if I'll have time to get up to them this month.
 
Does IKEA ice cream come in a flat pack?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top