CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, I found at least part of a train

021b51c9b067a0b5e62c128cf9b139e8.jpg
 
Thread starter
Ok. First my apologies for being awol.

From my reading of the challenge, pdedse’s tool box could have qualified for first qualifying submission except that he planned on riding this month. That means Tev62 and his adjustable wrench are the first qualifying submission and the honor of picking December’s topic rest’s in his capable and creative hands.
 
Ooh!

The challenge is a picture of your bike, anytime in 2023, showing it at it's highest elevation. Note the location and elevation on the entry. Might I respectfully suggest a slight change to the rules in this instance to make the highest elevation the winner rather than the first entry?

As we don't have large mountains in Ireland I could never win but here is my entry, 1640 ft, near Sally Gap, Co Wicklow, Ireland.

 
Maybe this is a stretch, but I loved this spot and photo. I promise my bike is among the four down there. The photo was taken from the Big Walker Lookout Tower, a 100 ft. tower built at an elevation of 3,405 ft.

201a1f17b00a8130a45f883c2a7c729a.jpg
 
3rd_Gear_Steve_imp said:
Maybe this is a stretch, but I loved this spot and photo. I promise my bike is among the four down there. The photo was taken from the Big Walker Lookout Tower, a 100 ft. tower built at an elevation of 3,405 ft.

201a1f17b00a8130a45f883c2a7c729a.jpg
Very sure that the owner of this phrase If you come to a fork in the road, take it! won't have any problem where to go :)
:beerchug:
 
Best I got is 278 according to Google Earth. If I get time off over the Holidays, I'll try to get to Malibu to do some canyon carving. Must be higher up there...
 
Thread starter
Tev62_imp said:
Ooh!

The challenge is a picture of your bike, anytime in 2023, showing it at it's highest elevation. Note the location and elevation on the entry. Might I respectfully suggest a slight change to the rules in this instance to make the highest elevation the winner rather than the first entry?

As we don't have large mountains in Ireland I could never win but here is my entry, 1640 ft, near Sally Gap, Co Wicklow, Ireland.
So there would be two slight changes to the rules in this case? 1. that the pic doesn't need to be taken after the challenge is made and 2. that the winner be the one that can verify highest elevation? Those changes are OK with me for one month, especially if it generates more participation on this thread for the coming year.
bbeb3295ba1753db14e3a9a73a7efeff.jpg

Back of the Dragon. Roughly 3400 ft at the BotD Overlook.

5b9144fc38b6c5c1960488812b143055.jpg

Shady Valley, TN. I think the store is at 2700 ft, but a mile or less up the road on US421(The Snake) it’s 3967 ft. No place to turn off for a pic at the peak, though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yeah, that spot is uphill from home. I’m surprised it isn’t higher, but I checked it on Google Earth.
 
That was cruel, Gone. How can a bloke compete with that?
 
My highest elevation this year with the CB1100 was Agnel pass, between Italy and France : 9003 ft (2744 m). It is the 2nd highest pass in french Alps. We were returning from Italy after a 3 days trip around Cuneo and Piemont winyards (Barolo, La Morra).
7ef548a2c052942e25a127eb978a3960.jpg


The same day, before returning to France through Agnel pass, we went to an other nice place: Colle di Sampeyre, not so high, but with a funny monument at the top of the road:
d5e365cded52ad9cfaf322cd9b547ea0.jpg


Jean-Pierre
 
Love that first pic. 9,000 feet is pretty high.
 
That looks like a fabulous ride, Delphisa.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top