CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
During my 100 mile ride today, I stopped at the Resorts World Catskills, casino and hotels in Monticello, NY.
e7971936a8ca90227fa766d63d3461c7.jpg


No, I didn’t go into the casino, I don’t gamble, I ride motorcycles. :D
 
Interesting looking building from that angle.
 
Cormanus and GO. I chose that parking lot to capture the hotel. There were more parked cars closer to, what I believe, is the casino area. However, that parking area was still sparse.
When the State of New York was proclaiming that the development of this casino would boost the economy in the depressed Monticello area, we in the area thought that this project in nothing but a boondoggle. The Northeast U.S. was already over saturated with Casinos. It has been reported to be bleeding money since opening in 2018.
Why $1.2 billion gambling mecca Resorts World Catskills has fallen on hard times
 
OCTOBER PHOTO CHALLENGE

Your CB at a location other than your garage or driveway, pictured with the oldest motorcycle garment (shirt, pants, gloves, jacket, hat, boots, helmet - if worn) that you still own.

Not necessarily a garment you have had in your possession since you acquired your CB, but one from your motorcycle riding days in total.

T-shirt from the 2007 Sturgis motorcycle rally.


c72b38f0b4e4a41c7a9e03c4906016c7.jpg

520283b6806af26e7f08c2e61932d5fd.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I'll bite! I don't save old helmets or riding gear, as it takes up a lot of room at some point. But I can't throw away a good t-shirt.

I can reliably date this AMA Museum gift store t-shirt to 2009. My company had just completed an event in Columbus, Ohio, and I visited the museum before I blew town for home. I know it was 2009, as I had just purchased a VTX1800, and I was geeking out that the museum had one on display. They had an exhibit showing the different models of Honda motorcycles that were being built at the nearby Marysville factory.

I can also remember the most fun I ever had wearing this particular shirt, somewhere in the Before-Fore Times, around 2017. Mrs. G and I were at the Petersen Museum to see a new exhibit. I wasn't working that day and was a "civilian", wearing this shirt and shorts.

One of the security guards grabbed me and said that a large tour was about to start, but the guide had just taken ill. Would I be able to take the tour? I was in shorts and a t-shirt, not my museum uniform but said sure, why not.

There were about 50 people in the group, waiting for the tour to start. I blended in with the crowd and acted like I was waiting. About five minutes after the tour start time, I stepped forward and said "Well, shoot, if nobody's going to take us on a tour, I guess I'll do it. Let's go downstairs and see what they have down there!"

I could hear the security guard trying to hold back his laughter. He went along with the gag, and had tripped the security door to the downstairs vault so I could open it, while 50 nervous people cautiously followed... "Are we supposed to follow this guy?"

After a few minutes, I let them in on the gag, so that they weren't afraid that we'd all get kicked out.

 
i have still somewehere my first bike clothes collection from 1992 in leather (Jacket, pants. shoes) i got it as secondhand from a colleague which convinced me to go biking. and my first IXS goretex jacket,pants from 1994............
and from 1995 IXS easyrider leatherstuff (pants/jacket) and a shoei jethelmet

pics from this or that ...later onetime
 
My oldest remaining piece of gear is from my early 20s… but that wasn’t so long ago relative to some of the distinguished members of this forum.

I bought this track suit sometime around 2014, I think. I came across the suit in a clearance aisle and couldn’t pass on what seemed like the perfect size. At the time, I was regularly riding my sportbike with a fast group from Columbus, and wanted more protection than the entry-level textile gear I’d been wearing. Unfortunately, it turned out to be not so much the perfect size, and it’s languished in my closet ever since.

I attempted to get it on yesterday evening… but that didn’t work out so well.

ff135b119d1259821b07824a3ea79b56.jpg
 
3rd_Gear_Steve_imp said:
My oldest remaining piece of gear is from my early 20s… but that wasn’t so long ago relative to some of the distinguished members of this forum.

I bought this track suit sometime around 2014, I think. I came across the suit in a clearance aisle and couldn’t pass on what seemed like the perfect size. At the time, I was regularly riding my sportbike with a fast group from Columbus, and wanted more protection than the entry-level textile gear I’d been wearing. Unfortunately, it turned out to be not so much the perfect size, and it’s languished in my closet ever since.

I attempted to get it on yesterday evening… but that didn’t work out so well.

ff135b119d1259821b07824a3ea79b56.jpg
:rofl:

There are a lot of clothes sitting in closets from this group that would fit that description (mostly around the mid section)
 
It is well known that clothes shrink in the closet with time. Yep, thats my story and I'm sticking to it :D
 
I don't have to pull my stomach in so I can close the jacket after 25 years...or The last time I used it was 13 years ago
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top