CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Cormanus! Seems everyone has some sort of traditional meat pie.

Heck, according to this box I saw at Costco yesterday, you can even have meat floss!
 
Thread starter
It appears that I get to pick the September subject. So, the challenge is: a photo of your CB1100 in front of a motel. ;)
 
It was convenient to slide this into the finals for August, as I was meeting up with Mrs. G and friend after work.

Still creepy that this place used to be a funeral home, but they serve a fine Old Fashioned. Their chicken katsu sandwich is pretty good too.

And Cormanus, there’s even pie around the corner!
 
Thanks Gone.

The place where I took the photo yesterday was newly opened. I settled for coffee and didn’t try a pie. I ended up talking to the owner who has plans to make it a motorcycle spot with accommodation, and iron horse corral, a big screen for watching moto / motor sport and heaven knows what else. I hope he succeeds.
 
Thread starter
9afab88d4bb9b7f968fa8fef8bf292fa.jpg

For example.

This doesn’t count because I was First Lady month.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Gentlemen, may I present the Cecil Hotel. The most notorious, and most infamous hotel in Los Angeles.




In the first photo, my CB is playing Where’s Waldo below the light post. In the third photo, a heart and DTLA in blue on the side of the building seem to make a plaintive effort to mask this hotel’s gruesome story.

The Cecil has been a den of drug addicts and transients for years. Its East facing windows overlook LA’s Skid Row, a vast, four-square-block tent city. Yet, it still, somehow, attracts tourists who either embrace the macabre, or who are blissfully unaware of this building’s history.

Such was the case with one young Canadian tourist, whose mysterious disappearance and later discovery, drowned in one of the Cecil’s rooftop water towers became the most bizarre hotel death in Los Angeles history, and the subject of a Netflix documentary. The only clues as to her final disposition is an eerie security video showing her in a confused state near one of the Cecil’s elevators.

Not a place for the weak of heart. But fun to share, particularly after I’ve had a few post-ride Mai Tais. Which might explain my verbosity here.
 
This is Angels Gate Park in San Pedro. Its sweeping view of the coast, from Los Angeles Harbor to Palos Verdes is no coincidence. During the Second World War, it was a coastal defense gun encampment.

Today, it’s the home of the Korean Friendship Bell and a hostel, made from the former Army barracks. Not a bad view.




Hostels count as motels, right?
Finally, this is a cruise ship.


By my definition, which was formed when I once went on a cruise, a cruise ship is a motel that won’t let you leave until it stops moving.

No matter how hard you try.
 
Thanks! Always like to leave my audience riveted.

Plus, why take a picture of the Motel 6 down the street.

Hey, that picture I took of The Richland a few days ago. That’s a motel too. Sort of creepy to think of what they did in those rooms when it was still a funeral home.
 
Did you go in the Cecil? Did you play the elevator game? Does it work?

If Gone doesn’t reply I’m just gonna figure he is trapped in the other world… ;)
 
Did not enter the Cecil on this visit. It would not have been prudent to leave my bike unattended in that area for long.

I did do an insurance investigation there in the 90s. That was enough creepy to last a lifetime.
 
Like this? The local dive place up by I-275

71952039bd081b809e22b0814333bbc5.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top