CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
peterbaron_imp said:
3ab228fea6dbe374e437a61a25abe988.jpg

Mount Forest, Ontario
That is a theme catch PB.

Too bad you didn't park next to them.
 
Nice submissions! Just finishing an event in Michigan and am about to start vacation out here, starting with the Gilmore Museum, speaking of old cars.

And speaking of the coolness or weirdness of late 50s / early 60s Chrysler products, do some reading on Virgil Exner.
 
mikeymike88_imp said:
Was out for a ride and when I was heading into town I spotted this 1929 Model A. Recognized it right away as my old AYSO soccer coach turned lifelong friend Steve. I followed him for a bit and when he noticed me, we pulled over and chatted for over an hour about cars, cameras, and motorcycles. Was able to snap a few pics and I dug this one. So here's my submission!

2eb3f003d40b4dd6d1f03029def05a5a.jpeg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What kind of tyre have you mounted on the rear, Mikey ? Looks like off-road profile
 
The Gecko_imp said:
mikeymike88_imp said:
Was out for a ride and when I was heading into town I spotted this 1929 Model A. Recognized it right away as my old AYSO soccer coach turned lifelong friend Steve. I followed him for a bit and when he noticed me, we pulled over and chatted for over an hour about cars, cameras, and motorcycles. Was able to snap a few pics and I dug this one. So here's my submission!

2eb3f003d40b4dd6d1f03029def05a5a.jpeg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What kind of tyre have you mounted on the rear, Mikey ? Looks like off-road profile
What kind of tyre have you mounted on the rear, Mikey ? Looks like off-road profile

The rear is a Pirelli MT90 in 150/70R18 and the front is a Pirelli MT60 in 110/80R18. There's another member on here who was running the same set up a while back and I tried it out. Very happy with them!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Went for a ride today, but didn’t get too far. Yet another “severe thunderstorm” chased me home. I rolled into my garage just in time before the heavy downpour and winds came.
I was able to snap this picture in front of a country store. It is a Ford Truck that the store clerk believes is a 1940 model. Maybe The A-man can verify the model year since he drives a similar Super Heavy Duty Ford Truck to the Rallies.

ee68a415b4c59c47bf043860e18a42f5.jpg
 
Nice find Suhawk. Beating the rain home is a worthy endeavor.
 
suhawk305_imp said:
Went for a ride today, but didn’t get too far. Yet another “severe thunderstorm” chased me home. I rolled into my garage just in time before the heavy downpour and winds came.
I was able to snap this picture in front of a country store. It is a Ford Truck that the store clerk believes is a 1940 model. Maybe The A-man can verify the model year since he drives a similar Super Heavy Duty Ford Truck to the Rallies.

ee68a415b4c59c47bf043860e18a42f5.jpg
^^They look good together!^^
 
suhawk305_imp said:
Went for a ride today, but didn’t get too far. Yet another “severe thunderstorm” chased me home. I rolled into my garage just in time before the heavy downpour and winds came.
I was able to snap this picture in front of a country store. It is a Ford Truck that the store clerk believes is a 1940 model. Maybe The A-man can verify the model year since he drives a similar Super Heavy Duty Ford Truck to the Rallies.

ee68a415b4c59c47bf043860e18a42f5.jpg
Although the truck tires appear "low'ish" (maybe that is normal), the contrast between the generations in the photo is delightful.
 
suhawk305_imp said:
Went for a ride today, but didn’t get too far. Yet another “severe thunderstorm” chased me home. I rolled into my garage just in time before the heavy downpour and winds came.
I was able to snap this picture in front of a country store. It is a Ford Truck that the store clerk believes is a 1940 model. Maybe The A-man can verify the model year since he drives a similar Super Heavy Duty Ford Truck to the Rallies.

ee68a415b4c59c47bf043860e18a42f5.jpg
That is a beauty, Suhawk. Good catch. It is a late 30s or early 40s Ford. I am really enjoying this challenge. These are some great cars and pictures. Thanks folks!
 
The Gecko_imp said:
Nice bike, nice photo, suhamk.
Your 4-in-1 looks cool, and I like the tiny red stripe on your tank. Did you add it yourself ?
Thank you. The bike is the 14 Standard, which several forum members ride. The red strip included with the Standard’s black tank. My CB is original except following additions/farkles:
The stainless steel 4 into 1 header pipes and catalytic converter was shipped to Jet-Hot for ceramic coating.
The chrome lower instrument/meter covers replaced black covers that came with Standard. (The chrome covers are the same that comes with the 17 model.)
Added OEM crash bars and rear rack.
Added more foam in my OEM seat (marginal comfort improvement for my derrière).
RLETS, grip puppies and that black ban on the end of the muffler can protects the can from scratches in the event of a whoops, suhawk dropped his CB in a parking lot again.
(I refuse to divulge what oil I have in the motor.) :rofl:
 
That old Ford flatbed reminds me of just about every WW2 movie starring John Wayne.

Great effort, guys. New month, and like last month, I will have limited riding days due to work.
What's our August challenge going to be? Holy moly, it's already August.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
That old Ford flatbed reminds me of just about every WW2 movie starring John Wayne.

Great effort, guys. New month, and like last month, I will have limited riding days due to work.
What's our August challenge going to be? Holy moly, it's already August.
Not just August, Gone. An August in the 24th year of the 21st century. Pause, and savor the moment - 'cause it is not returning.


Now, go, go, go, go! (Tik, Tok, Tik, Tok, ... text, text, text, ... )
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
That old Ford flatbed reminds me of just about every WW2 movie starring John Wayne.

Great effort, guys. New month, and like last month, I will have limited riding days due to work.
What's our August challenge going to be? Holy moly, it's already August.
Not just August, Gone. An August in the 24th year of the 21st century. Pause, and savor the moment - 'cause it is not returning.


Now, go, go, go, go! (Tik, Tok, Tik, Tok, ... text, text, text, ... )
I was just thinking about that concept yesterday... If you drive East on the 91 Freeway through Corona, you'll see the Prado Dam to your left. In 1976, when I was eight years old, they painted the dam red, white and blue for the Bicentennial. I marvelled at it at the time, and wondered about how old I'd be when the year 2000 came around. The paint faded over the years, and was barely legible until a few months ago when the dam was repainted. Looking at it with its new paint job, it felt like yesterday when I first saw it as an eight-year-old, 46 years ago (staring at it through the T-Top of Step-Dad's brand new '76 Regal, I might add).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top