the Ferret
Road warrior
good spot PB!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
That is a theme catch PB.peterbaron_imp said:![]()
Mount Forest, Ontario
What kind of tyre have you mounted on the rear, Mikey ? Looks like off-road profilemikeymike88_imp said:Was out for a ride and when I was heading into town I spotted this 1929 Model A. Recognized it right away as my old AYSO soccer coach turned lifelong friend Steve. I followed him for a bit and when he noticed me, we pulled over and chatted for over an hour about cars, cameras, and motorcycles. Was able to snap a few pics and I dug this one. So here's my submission!
![]()
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What kind of tyre have you mounted on the rear, Mikey ? Looks like off-road profileThe Gecko_imp said:What kind of tyre have you mounted on the rear, Mikey ? Looks like off-road profilemikeymike88_imp said:Was out for a ride and when I was heading into town I spotted this 1929 Model A. Recognized it right away as my old AYSO soccer coach turned lifelong friend Steve. I followed him for a bit and when he noticed me, we pulled over and chatted for over an hour about cars, cameras, and motorcycles. Was able to snap a few pics and I dug this one. So here's my submission!
![]()
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^^They look good together!^^suhawk305_imp said:Went for a ride today, but didn’t get too far. Yet another “severe thunderstorm” chased me home. I rolled into my garage just in time before the heavy downpour and winds came.
I was able to snap this picture in front of a country store. It is a Ford Truck that the store clerk believes is a 1940 model. Maybe The A-man can verify the model year since he drives a similar Super Heavy Duty Ford Truck to the Rallies.
![]()
Although the truck tires appear "low'ish" (maybe that is normal), the contrast between the generations in the photo is delightful.suhawk305_imp said:Went for a ride today, but didn’t get too far. Yet another “severe thunderstorm” chased me home. I rolled into my garage just in time before the heavy downpour and winds came.
I was able to snap this picture in front of a country store. It is a Ford Truck that the store clerk believes is a 1940 model. Maybe The A-man can verify the model year since he drives a similar Super Heavy Duty Ford Truck to the Rallies.
![]()
That is a beauty, Suhawk. Good catch. It is a late 30s or early 40s Ford. I am really enjoying this challenge. These are some great cars and pictures. Thanks folks!suhawk305_imp said:Went for a ride today, but didn’t get too far. Yet another “severe thunderstorm” chased me home. I rolled into my garage just in time before the heavy downpour and winds came.
I was able to snap this picture in front of a country store. It is a Ford Truck that the store clerk believes is a 1940 model. Maybe The A-man can verify the model year since he drives a similar Super Heavy Duty Ford Truck to the Rallies.
![]()
Thank you. The bike is the 14 Standard, which several forum members ride. The red strip included with the Standard’s black tank. My CB is original except following additions/farkles:The Gecko_imp said:Nice bike, nice photo, suhamk.
Your 4-in-1 looks cool, and I like the tiny red stripe on your tank. Did you add it yourself ?
Not just August, Gone. An August in the 24th year of the 21st century. Pause, and savor the moment - 'cause it is not returning.Gone in 60_imp said:That old Ford flatbed reminds me of just about every WW2 movie starring John Wayne.
Great effort, guys. New month, and like last month, I will have limited riding days due to work.
What's our August challenge going to be? Holy moly, it's already August.
I was just thinking about that concept yesterday... If you drive East on the 91 Freeway through Corona, you'll see the Prado Dam to your left. In 1976, when I was eight years old, they painted the dam red, white and blue for the Bicentennial. I marvelled at it at the time, and wondered about how old I'd be when the year 2000 came around. The paint faded over the years, and was barely legible until a few months ago when the dam was repainted. Looking at it with its new paint job, it felt like yesterday when I first saw it as an eight-year-old, 46 years ago (staring at it through the T-Top of Step-Dad's brand new '76 Regal, I might add).GoldOxide_imp said:Not just August, Gone. An August in the 24th year of the 21st century. Pause, and savor the moment - 'cause it is not returning.Gone in 60_imp said:That old Ford flatbed reminds me of just about every WW2 movie starring John Wayne.
Great effort, guys. New month, and like last month, I will have limited riding days due to work.
What's our August challenge going to be? Holy moly, it's already August.
Now, go, go, go, go! (Tik, Tok, Tik, Tok, ... text, text, text, ... )