CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
KiowaEagle_imp said:
I managed to get out this afternoon while we had some brief mid 50’s weather so I thought I’d get one in under the wire.
d45199a898ed25051f1edb04dba7cf6a.png


a1d902f3b1025d038c4d65e0c5455394.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mmm, ya, ... four cylinders.
 
Thread starter
I would have sworn that I posted for the new month previously. Tev has the honor of choosing the topic. Hope he posts soon since it’s supposed to get up around 50° here today.
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
I managed to get out this afternoon while we had some brief mid 50’s weather so I thought I’d get one in under the wire.
d45199a898ed25051f1edb04dba7cf6a.png


a1d902f3b1025d038c4d65e0c5455394.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:rofl:
Nice shot. I am a big fan of puns
 
The ideal for me = pic of two CBs, white/std and red/dlx parked beside each other = guaranteed winner!!:blush::angel:
Bonus: if equipped with all four new tires :D
 
Last time Tev won he was particularly ..... particular with the challenge. Something like you needed 32% of the frame filled by the bike and you needed to have a black squirrel someplace in the frame along with a bird in flight on the left hand side of the photo :) Bring it on Tev!
 
tommymck_imp said:
Last time Tev won he was particularly ..... particular with the challenge. Something like you needed 32% of the frame filled by the bike and you needed to have a black squirrel someplace in the frame along with a bird in flight on the left hand side of the photo :) Bring it on Tev!

:rofl:
 
tommymck_imp said:
Last time Tev won he was particularly ..... particular with the challenge. Something like you needed 32% of the frame filled by the bike and you needed to have a black squirrel someplace in the frame along with a bird in flight on the left hand side of the photo :) Bring it on Tev!
:D I shall try not to disappoint, sorry for the late reply all. The challenge is:

Any subject of your choice but it must be shot through one of the wheels of your bike. Doesn't matter if they are spokes or cast. Doesn't matter on the depth of field, they can be in focus or out, your choice. But the shot must be clearly identifiable as being shot through that wheel.
 
Oooh artsy. Empty Sea should be all over this. He likes artsy
 
Tev62_imp said:
tommymck_imp said:
Last time Tev won he was particularly ..... particular with the challenge. Something like you needed 32% of the frame filled by the bike and you needed to have a black squirrel someplace in the frame along with a bird in flight on the left hand side of the photo :) Bring it on Tev!
:D I shall try not to disappoint, sorry for the late reply all. The challenge is:

Any subject of your choice but it must be shot through one of the wheels of your bike. Doesn't matter if they are spokes or cast. Doesn't matter on the depth of field, they can be in focus or out, your choice. But the shot must be clearly identifiable as being shot through that wheel.
It's a cool idea...but how many of us can realistically be expected to bend down that far?


:cool:
 
Huh. Technically don’t even need to go outside for this one.

Only challenge is that I’m currently about 3000 miles away from my bikes right now.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
tommymck_imp said:
Last time Tev won he was particularly ..... particular with the challenge. Something like you needed 32% of the frame filled by the bike and you needed to have a black squirrel someplace in the frame along with a bird in flight on the left hand side of the photo :) Bring it on Tev!
:D I shall try not to disappoint, sorry for the late reply all. The challenge is:

Any subject of your choice but it must be shot through one of the wheels of your bike. Doesn't matter if they are spokes or cast. Doesn't matter on the depth of field, they can be in focus or out, your choice. But the shot must be clearly identifiable as being shot through that wheel.
It's a cool idea...but how many of us can realistically be expected to bend down that far?


:cool:
It's a cool idea...but how many of us can realistically be expected to bend down that far?


:cool: :rofl:
I can get down there, but getting back up will require some help...
 
72 degrees, sunny and the daffodils are blooming

d0b42dac579aec67b681b9e1e91ff5ec.jpg


There's a little Dairy Bar down along the river in Chilo, Ohio about 25 miles from home, technically called the Chilo Dairy Bar. We eat there quite a lot in the summer when out riding. They smoke their own pork and make a great pulled pork BBQ sandwich. Their mascot is a pink ceramic pig and we just refer to the place as "the Pink Pig"

0625c3190eb359b191f3136e23ac3030.jpg


I thought it would make a great pic. Anyhow I'm laying on the ground in their parking lot trying to get this pic when I hear a car pull in behind me and a lady's voice says "Are you alright?". I roll over and say yep, then struggle to get to my feet. Nice red headed lady say's "well, I saw you laying there and just had to stop to see if you were OK". I told her how much I appreciated her concern, but that I was fine and that I was trying to get a pic of the pig thru my spokes for a mc forum contest.
She smiled and said something like Oh, that's a good idea. I thanked her again, and she backed up and took off east down 52. I fired up and headed west.

Sometimes people surprise you with their niceness. What a great day.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
tommymck_imp said:
Last time Tev won he was particularly ..... particular with the challenge. Something like you needed 32% of the frame filled by the bike and you needed to have a black squirrel someplace in the frame along with a bird in flight on the left hand side of the photo :) Bring it on Tev!
:D I shall try not to disappoint, sorry for the late reply all. The challenge is:

Any subject of your choice but it must be shot through one of the wheels of your bike. Doesn't matter if they are spokes or cast. Doesn't matter on the depth of field, they can be in focus or out, your choice. But the shot must be clearly identifiable as being shot through that wheel.
It's a cool idea...but how many of us can realistically be expected to bend down that far?


:cool:
It's a cool idea...but how many of us can realistically be expected to bend down that far?


:cool:
As Nachodaddy states, it can be a one way trip. :D
The ferret_imp said:
72 degrees, sunny and the daffodils are blooming

d0b42dac579aec67b681b9e1e91ff5ec.jpg


There's a little Dairy Bar down along the river in Chilo, Ohio about 25 miles from home, technically called the Chilo Dairy Bar. We eat there quite a lot in the summer when out riding. They smoke their own pork and make a great pulled pork BBQ sandwich. Their mascot is a pink ceramic pig and we just refer to the place as "the Pink Pig"

0625c3190eb359b191f3136e23ac3030.jpg


I thought it would make a great pic. Anyhow I'm laying on the ground in their parking lot trying to get this pic when I hear a car pull in behind me and a lady's voice says "Are you alright?". I roll over and say yep, then struggle to get to my feet. Nice red headed lady say's "well, I saw you laying there and just had to stop to see if you were OK". I told her how much I appreciated her concern, but that I was fine and that I was trying to get a pic of the pig thru my spokes for a mc forum contest.
She smiled and said something like Oh, that's a good idea. I thanked her again, and she backed up and took off east down 52. I fired up and headed west.

Sometimes people surprise you with their niceness. What a great day.
Excellent story about the offer of help. Nice of her to actually pull in off the road to check. :clap:
Keep them coming, one of these must make the 2024 calendar.
 
Ha! Tha's funny, Tev. In the middle of covid, it was hard to do much of anything fun, but the boat ramps were still open. I would take some light weights with me on the boat and do my work-outs on the boat-deck in the middle of the Columbia River. Another boater saw me and started coming my way...they saw me moving my arms this and that way as I was doing my exercises and they thought I was "in distress" and trying to flag them down to ask for help. I don't know who laughed harder when we both realized what was going on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top