CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
pdedse_imp said:
Ha! Tha's funny, Tev. In the middle of covid, it was hard to do much of anything fun, but the boat ramps were still open. I would take some light weights with me on the boat and do my work-outs on the boat-deck in the middle of the Columbia River. Another boater saw me and started coming my way...they saw me moving my arms this and that way as I was doing my exercises and they thought I was "in distress" and trying to flag them down to ask for help. I don't know who laughed harder when we both realized what was going on.

:rofl:
 
The ferret_imp said:
72 degrees, sunny and the daffodils are blooming

d0b42dac579aec67b681b9e1e91ff5ec.jpg


There's a little Dairy Bar down along the river in Chilo, Ohio about 25 miles from home, technically called the Chilo Dairy Bar. We eat there quite a lot in the summer when out riding. They smoke their own pork and make a great pulled pork BBQ sandwich. Their mascot is a pink ceramic pig and we just refer to the place as "the Pink Pig"

0625c3190eb359b191f3136e23ac3030.jpg


I thought it would make a great pic. Anyhow I'm laying on the ground in their parking lot trying to get this pic when I hear a car pull in behind me and a lady's voice says "Are you alright?". I roll over and say yep, then struggle to get to my feet. Nice red headed lady say's "well, I saw you laying there and just had to stop to see if you were OK". I told her how much I appreciated her concern, but that I was fine and that I was trying to get a pic of the pig thru my spokes for a mc forum contest.
She smiled and said something like Oh, that's a good idea. I thanked her again, and she backed up and took off east down 52. I fired up and headed west.

Sometimes people surprise you with their niceness. What a great day.
Like!
 
The ferret_imp said:
72 degrees, sunny and the daffodils are blooming

d0b42dac579aec67b681b9e1e91ff5ec.jpg


There's a little Dairy Bar down along the river in Chilo, Ohio about 25 miles from home, technically called the Chilo Dairy Bar. We eat there quite a lot in the summer when out riding. They smoke their own pork and make a great pulled pork BBQ sandwich. Their mascot is a pink ceramic pig and we just refer to the place as "the Pink Pig"

0625c3190eb359b191f3136e23ac3030.jpg


I thought it would make a great pic. Anyhow I'm laying on the ground in their parking lot trying to get this pic when I hear a car pull in behind me and a lady's voice says "Are you alright?". I roll over and say yep, then struggle to get to my feet. Nice red headed lady say's "well, I saw you laying there and just had to stop to see if you were OK". I told her how much I appreciated her concern, but that I was fine and that I was trying to get a pic of the pig thru my spokes for a mc forum contest.
She smiled and said something like Oh, that's a good idea. I thanked her again, and she backed up and took off east down 52. I fired up and headed west.

Sometimes people surprise you with their niceness. What a great day.
At the Africa Twin Forum this image alone might win the monthly photo challenge prize.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Oooh artsy. Empty Sea should be all over this. He likes artsy
I do like the artsy. I rode yesterday, but didn't see the challenge until this morning. I'll see what I can do, but it looks like it might be a picture of a snow bank taken through the wheel if the weather forecast holds true.
 
Oh boy, lots of snow here. If I parked any of my CB in a snowbank, no one would be able to see it...well, except the mirrors.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Ha! Tha's funny, Tev. In the middle of covid, it was hard to do much of anything fun, but the boat ramps were still open. I would take some light weights with me on the boat and do my work-outs on the boat-deck in the middle of the Columbia River. Another boater saw me and started coming my way...they saw me moving my arms this and that way as I was doing my exercises and they thought I was "in distress" and trying to flag them down to ask for help. I don't know who laughed harder when we both realized what was going on.
So the world still does have a few Good Samaritans left. :angel:
 
Funny that you should mention Covid and boat ramps...

During the Recent Unpleasantness, Mrs. G and I were looking for outdoor activities that would keep us occupied. One of the urban hikes we came up with took us past the boat launching ramp in the Newport Back Bay. There was a rather remote bathroom that was a good pit stop, and we started becoming fascinated watching people launch and recover boats. It was a great social experiment. On one hand, we saw people who had just spent their government fun money on a boat, and watched first attempts at launching. Other people with a decidedly Covid-be-damned attitude, launching party boats overloaded with people and booze. Most simply with a "I just want to go fishing and forget the world" look. All the while, observing the etiquette of launching, on ramps that were getting much more use than they usually did with so many people with free time on their hands.

We still like to watch from time-to-time.
 
Thread starter
Kind of artsy I guess. Not sure which one I like better so you get the top 3 of the 10 or so snaps I took.

ebf1bfa8be4bb01b7e6b21409eeb858b.jpg


1ac18ea9fef2bf565f8391d529adcf29.jpg


5e951fd7f7c6b59e61662f35304cc753.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
works for me Sea. I like the first one.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Kind of artsy I guess. Not sure which one I like better so you get the top 3 of the 10 or so snaps I took.

ebf1bfa8be4bb01b7e6b21409eeb858b.jpg


1ac18ea9fef2bf565f8391d529adcf29.jpg


5e951fd7f7c6b59e61662f35304cc753.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's no 1 for me :thumbsup:
 
It’s been a while since I wanted to take a photo of this antique which is on display in one of the green spaces of my city... But through the wheels of my CB, it doesn’t look very good!


I like this old horse-drawn hay rake, it looks a lot like the one used by my grandparents. I even remember seeing my grandmother use it, I must have been 6 or 7, it was in the early 1960s.


Jean-Pierre
 
Good pictures, Jean-Pierre. I also like those old machines.
 
My entry is from one of my usual runs, up in the Wicklow Mountains. A derelict shepherds cottage. Taken today on my lunch break (slightly extended :s). Ten minutes after this I got caught in a 5 minute torrential downpour and my legs were drenched, I had ditched textiles for jeans and paid the price. So much for the weather forecast!





 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top