CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang, looking at it I would have thought at least 30-40 years old lol
 
With the close of tax season and using the past 3 weekends to move some aftermarket parts and accessories from my 2014 Standard, finally got a chance to take the DLX out for a ride. The Pipemasters 4-4 have quite a different “rumble” than the Wyvern 4-4. Not sure which pipes will end up on the DLX.

c9f2ca918e01e4f0cc62037d7e91b3b3.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
mtneers_imp said:
With the close of tax season and using the past 3 weekends to move some aftermarket parts and accessories from my 2014 Standard, finally got a chance to take the DLX out for a ride. The Pipemasters 4-4 have quite a different “rumble” than the Wyvern 4-4. Not sure which pipes will end up on the DLX.

c9f2ca918e01e4f0cc62037d7e91b3b3.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Man, those style of pipes still look fantastic. A clean design.
 
From a few pages back.....Love the SBD too...The P-51 decked out in the 332nd Fighter group color scheme..Tuskegee Airmen style.
I'm a BIG fan of T&A...tanks & aircraft, that is.
 
tommymck_imp said:
I'm all for a ....challenging....challenge...but I'm a pilot and I'd be...challenged....to come up with this photo. Hoping that ferret wins this one so that we can get graded on a curve again! Otherwise next month it'll be a photo of your bike being chased by a three legged dog on Wednesday, and the dog needs to occupy exactly 1/3 of the photo in the horizontal direction and the fact that it's Wednesday needs to be clearly conveyed in the photo :)
Have I won next month's challenge? It's a 3 legged dog chasing my CB1100 and I took it today which is a Wednesday!

 
Winner! Don't know how you pulled that off, spechg.

Wait, let me roll the dice on that one:

"...or next month it will be a photo of your bike next to a large stack of money, a case of Macallan 15 Double Cask, and a new GT500".

Let's see what happens now...
 
spechg_imp said:
tommymck_imp said:
I'm all for a ....challenging....challenge...but I'm a pilot and I'd be...challenged....to come up with this photo. Hoping that ferret wins this one so that we can get graded on a curve again! Otherwise next month it'll be a photo of your bike being chased by a three legged dog on Wednesday, and the dog needs to occupy exactly 1/3 of the photo in the horizontal direction and the fact that it's Wednesday needs to be clearly conveyed in the photo :)
Have I won next month's challenge? It's a 3 legged dog chasing my CB1100 and I took it today which is a Wednesday!
That dawg heals quickly, spechg. :D
 
.
EmptySea_imp said:
9182d93ef191eceda7464e74221e2637.jpg


Air Classics Museum, Sugar Grove, IL
100+ mile round trip on a sunny spring Sunday


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good photo. Thankfully your CB1100 is obviously treated far better than the poor Mustang behind it.
GoldOxide_imp said:
spechg_imp said:
tommymck_imp said:
I'm all for a ....challenging....challenge...but I'm a pilot and I'd be...challenged....to come up with this photo. Hoping that ferret wins this one so that we can get graded on a curve again! Otherwise next month it'll be a photo of your bike being chased by a three legged dog on Wednesday, and the dog needs to occupy exactly 1/3 of the photo in the horizontal direction and the fact that it's Wednesday needs to be clearly conveyed in the photo :)
Have I won next month's challenge? It's a 3 legged dog chasing my CB1100 and I took it today which is a Wednesday!
That dawg heals quickly, spechg. :D
That dawg heals quickly, spechg. :D
You'll be glad to know that Robin, the greyhound, was modified digitally rather than surgically to end up with 3 legs. No dogs were harmed in the making of this photo!
She really had no interest in walking behind the bike though. I had to move the bike to suit the dog rather than the other way around. No mean feat on gravel, in a tight space.
 
spechg_imp said:
.
EmptySea_imp said:
9182d93ef191eceda7464e74221e2637.jpg


Air Classics Museum, Sugar Grove, IL
100+ mile round trip on a sunny spring Sunday


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good photo. Thankfully your CB1100 is obviously treated far better than the poor Mustang behind it.
GoldOxide_imp said:
spechg_imp said:
tommymck_imp said:
I'm all for a ....challenging....challenge...but I'm a pilot and I'd be...challenged....to come up with this photo. Hoping that ferret wins this one so that we can get graded on a curve again! Otherwise next month it'll be a photo of your bike being chased by a three legged dog on Wednesday, and the dog needs to occupy exactly 1/3 of the photo in the horizontal direction and the fact that it's Wednesday needs to be clearly conveyed in the photo :)
Have I won next month's challenge? It's a 3 legged dog chasing my CB1100 and I took it today which is a Wednesday!
That dawg heals quickly, spechg. :D
That dawg heals quickly, spechg. :D
You'll be glad to know that Robin, the greyhound, was modified digitally rather than surgically to end up with 3 legs. No dogs were harmed in the making of this photo!
She really had no interest in walking behind the bike though. I had to move the bike to suit the dog rather than the other way around. No mean feat on gravel, in a tight space.
Yeah, that's great. I couldn't zoom in on the image, so I didn't have enough to challenge it.

That is good news! (◠‿◕)
 
So.... that's a photochop...

Hey, did I mention that I stopped at the airport this morning, and saw this? I was amazed! And it makes a great submission for this month's photo challenge!
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
So.... that's a photochop...

Hey, did I mention that I stopped at the airport this morning, and saw this? I was amazed! And it makes a great submission for this month's photo challenge!
That's very impressive; a 5,400 mile trip on your CB1100 to The Shuttleworth Collection in the UK, and all before lunch!
 
spechg_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
So.... that's a photochop...

Hey, did I mention that I stopped at the airport this morning, and saw this? I was amazed! And it makes a great submission for this month's photo challenge!
That's very impressive; a 5,400 mile trip on your CB1100 to The Shuttleworth Collection in the UK, and all before lunch!
Yeah, hadn't ridden her in a few weeks, figured she needed a little exercise.
 
Hey, for anyone in Southern California who wants to sneak in a submission under the wire, the Lyon Museum will be taking their B25 out of the hangar and doing a demo flight this Saturday...
 
Headed in to the countryside today looking for aircraft for this month's challenge, but I couldn't find any. I did however happen across this stone age passage tomb. It's called Newgrange and is 5,200 years old. That makes it older than the Pyramids in Egypt and Stonehenge in the UK.

 
Thread starter
spechg_imp said:
Headed in to the countryside today looking for aircraft for this month's challenge, but I couldn't find any. I did however happen across this stone age passage tomb. It's called Newgrange and is 5,200 years old. That makes it older than the Pyramids in Egypt and Stonehenge in the UK.
Muahahaha
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top