Gone in 60_imp said:
Mrs. Gone and I accidentally drove up to the main entrance of that base last week. We stayed in a motel in Tucson on our vacation, and were looking for the nearest Starbucks the next morning on Google Maps. The map didn't mention that the Starbucks happened to be on an Air Force base.
"Sorry, I was just following the GPS to the closest Starbucks... mind if I turn around?
About 20 years ago, I was with 3 buddies heading to Florida to golf via a stop in Washington DC. We accidentally exited at Langley and decided to see if they had tours of CIA Headquarters. The guard said "Umm... this is CIA Headquarters. We don't give tours here" Of course we felt like idiots.
The interesting thing was that they opened the gate so we could turn around to exit.
The other interesting thing was that I was video taping most of the drive with my Sony Handycam and got nauseous from doing that while driving....and that came to a head while exiting CIA Headquarters. My buddy stopped the car and I threw up about 500 feet outside the fence line...within sight of the guard that we just talked to.