CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Oh, I thought you meant the guy drowning just right of the top mirror.
:rofl:

It’s a great shot spechg. I don’t think we should allow the presence of a photobomber to detract from it.
 
A day to myself, beautiful weather, a perfect day to get in my photo challenge. However, do you know how hard it is for a city dweller to find anyplace with no signs of mankind? Pretty difficult.

I do live at the opening to Santiago Canyon, the destination motorcycle road in Orange County, and the prescription cat food I needed to pick up was on the other end of the canyon, so I figured that surely I could find a glimpse of untouched landscape along the way.

It took quite a bit of searching to find a spot that didn’t have a fence, a hydrant, or an escarpment for the road, but here is the sliver I did find. The one spot that was safe to pull over and take a good look for lack of human influence. I did have to crop out an orange sand bag that must have been on the side of the road during the last rain storm.

Typing this as I take a lunch break. Have to get home to feed the cats.
 
Hey Gin60: I like desert shots. The motorcycle always seems natural in such a setting.

What do you suppose are the ingredients in the road white line? Do you think they are toxic? :)
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Great shot Gin60. This is not an easy challenge.
You got that right! Just wait until Tev gets his ruler out to evaluate this one :) If nothing else, Tev has us all getting out and about on our bikes!
 
Before Tev renders a judgment, I am claiming that the gravel roadbed that is adjacent to the pavement is included in the definition of “road”, as in the only man made thing allowable in the photo.

On the way home I rode up the coast, thinking I could park on a bluff and get the ocean and Catalina Island in the background. But there was no way not to show the cargo ships dotting the coast waiting to dock in the Port of LA.
 
I miss riding in that country. I was at Vandenberg AFB, in the early 80s and a friend and I rode to Cold Spring Tavern a lot. Great rides in all directions, but to ride to Cold Spring for Tri-tip and a cold drink was the best one could hope for.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Before Tev renders a judgment, I am claiming that the gravel roadbed that is adjacent to the pavement is included in the definition of “road”, as in the only man made thing allowable in the photo.

On the way home I rode up the coast, thinking I could park on a bluff and get the ocean and Catalina Island in the background. But there was no way not to show the cargo ships dotting the coast waiting to dock in the Port of LA.
I totally agree with you GIN60 but you have fallen foul of the 1/3 horizontal rule! :sleepy:
 
Shoot, was hoping you wouldn’t notice, Tev. At any other angle, I would have had a new housing development site in the background.
 
End of the month it is, here is my entry. I disqualify myself on the fact that no trees grow with a manicured straight edge to them!



If it is down to me to choose I vote spechg as the winner of this months competition. That was a tough one I will admit.
 
Tev62_imp said:
End of the month it is, here is my entry. I disqualify myself on the fact that no trees grow with a manicured straight edge to them!



If it is down to me to choose I vote spechg as the winner of this months competition. That was a tough one I will admit.
:thumbsup: Good observation. Honest too.

Image is still vastly nice.
 
I think it's down to EmptySea to call the winner. This thread is his baby.
 
Thread starter
Again this month, I must apologize for being away from the Forum as one month changes to the next.


79c99722f8ee07f1dfa219804ee8c76b.jpg


April is upon us. The challenge winner from March is……..

...... spechg! Tev was a hard grader on this challenge and, as it was his idea, I felt we should abide by his rigidity in determining the winner. spechg graciously acknowledged that there is a passing ship in the background, but it is not visible to this human's eye unless I zoom in considerably. Tev's standard was "A recent picture of your CB1100 in which there is no sign of human existence." If "sign" means "visible" and if "visible" is "able to be seen without altering or magnifying the photo", then I feel that Tev's standard has been met. I see that Tev also feels that spechg is the winner, but I was unsure if that is because he eased the standard or if he agrees with my rationale above.

spechg, congratulations on the auspicious victory and in doing so with such a beautiful picture. Your prize is that you get to pick the challenge for April. Please refer to the rules, such as they are, and if need be, to the list of previous challenges. Both are posted and/or linked at the beginning of this thread.


MTC
 
Thank you EmptySea, I accept the challenge. Tev's was a tough one.
Since I have just retired from the aviation industry, my challenge is to take a photo of your CB1100 in front of a vintage, propeller driven aircraft. The older the aircraft is, the better.
 
Easy peasy. I'll aim my GoPro up as I head home under the John Wayne final approach path. Chances are a Cessna will fly over.
... or does the airplane need to be on the ground?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top