CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's an unbelievably nice day here in Western NC. Temps in the high 60's so I just had to go for a quick ride. Thought I'd add my contribution to the photo challenge.

Picture 1 is looking across Lake James to the West. Mt. Mitchell is one of those high peaks to the left of the bike. There are 7 peaks over 6000' with Mt. Mitchell being the highest at 6684'. They are about 35 miles off in the distance.

507f69ad404c9e683b74679130791de3.jpg


Picture 2 is the same spot, now looking to the NW. To the right of the photo is Grandfather Mountain.
2b68ec205929b58bdac0afb209c9d915.jpg


Picture 3 is same spot, just looking across the lake. That island is one that we take our dogs out to run around and swim on in the summer.
7642730ac0da93bfa1b35ef5def77046.jpg


Thanks for looking. I'll work on my photography skills prior to next year's calendar submittal!
 
Cool, having ridden Mt Mitchell and Grandfather Mountain, I appreciate these views of them.
 
The A-man_imp said:
Well, it's an unbelievably nice day here in Western NC. Temps in the high 60's so I just had to go for a quick ride. Thought I'd add my contribution to the photo challenge.

Picture 1 is looking across Lake James to the West. Mt. Mitchell is one of those high peaks to the left of the bike. There are 7 peaks over 6000' with Mt. Mitchell being the highest at 6684'. They are about 35 miles off in the distance.

507f69ad404c9e683b74679130791de3.jpg


Picture 2 is the same spot, now looking to the NW. To the right of the photo is Grandfather Mountain.
2b68ec205929b58bdac0afb209c9d915.jpg


Picture 3 is same spot, just looking across the lake. That island is one that we take our dogs out to run around and swim on in the summer.
7642730ac0da93bfa1b35ef5def77046.jpg


Thanks for looking. I'll work on my photography skills prior to next year's calendar submittal!
I like those matching air box covers! :thumbsup:
 
Lots going on at work between end-of-year projects and trade shows, and went a few weeks without a break. That, apparently, has made me cranky enough that I was highly encouraged by my workmates and my wife to take a day off to let my Christmas spirit reservoir fill itself up a bit. It started out as a beautiful day, so I went out to do some Christmas shopping.

Along the way, I remembered that Ferret wanted to see some more palm trees. So, I stopped to snap some.

This is Candy Cane Lane in our town, where everyone for two blocks wraps the palm trees with red and white lights and festoons their houses with Christmas cheer. There is an annual theme, and it's patriotic this year, so the trees are wrapped red, white and blue. If I tried to take a picture at night, my phone would freak out, so here's a day time picture. The side of the street with the tall, evenly spaced palms isn't part of Candy Cane Lane, but the house at the end of the block does a Griswold Christmas theme that can be seen for several blocks.

Ironically, this street, lined with palms, is called Pine Street.
 
Thats what I'm talking about Gone. Thanks. Doesnt look like my neighborhood for sure.

Love the Guthrie reference btw. Even my 4,6 and 9 year old grandkids can sing that song lol
 
Thank you for pointing out the Guthrie reference, Ferret. Nice one Gone in 60.
 
This is my entry. Whether it is my CB or one of the other bikes I'm a firm favourite of the smaller back roads. You can pretty much drive in any direction and find these sort of roads/villages/churches. 42°F here today so I nicked off work at lunch for a 90 minute spin to get some air into the CB's lungs. I'm not sure why but I headed off in jeans and half way round realised my legs were bloody cold! Still, I found a pub for a coffee which warmed me up. Came across this church too (as you do here) which is a little different in its architecture so I thought I would have a picture.



 
I love the shots of the "old world" across the pond.
I've been to England, but not Ireland, and appreciate the history and architecture of such historic places.
Great post :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
The ferret_imp said:
How about your bike with some of the typical scenery you will see on your daily rides.. mountains, rivers, lakes, praries, farm fields, conifer forest, city buildings, desert, something you could show someone from another part of the world that represents where you live.

Examples

2be474af6347b456ee2b697ebee76343.jpg


a6e853556d3773a35dbffa665eab37be.jpg


9012883f7f2909c6e1a47aac8c2536e4.jpg


ba156f6aaa50dc203864f7ff022aa558.jpg


11ae3823acf8ed5b5a4c34fec9f62436.jpg


c0000cd5e22b1caf0ffa10debb7550de.jpg


69460cd1829dec63959c65f0c8982a10.jpg


I think someone could conclude from these pics I live in an unpopulated rural area, with curvy roads, surrounded by hardwoods and lakes and one very big river
From Gresham, I can head north towards the Columbia River and the Gorge--always beautiful, scenic views. Directly east of me towards Sandy there's lots of good country riding, homes with acrerage and nurseries. And south and east towards Estacada there are plenty of mostly small livestock farms, horse ranches, Christmas tree farms and vineyards.

For today's 40 miles ride in low 40 temps, it seemed appropriate to snap a few photos of the Christmas trees...

ee62fe36cb2471b250a53f486cdbfcbf.jpg


b0fcfe44bde23a065cea76524cb17c60.jpg


There's is plenty of forest, and this time of the year the trees show off their moss in all its spendour. So many seasonal streams are flowing with recent rains.

4da58627c8fb2ab47b23cb01496db1fa.jpg


Happy Winter's Solstice Day!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top