CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a pic of my CB in its natural riding locations, or even a motorcycle pic. The holiday rush has kept me busy with family stuff and museum work, and sporadic rain has kept the roads to wet with too many crazy drivers for me to want to ride.

But... someone wanted to see palm trees, and I was thinking about him last night. My wife and I met up with friends for a holiday lights event at the L.A. Arboretum. I didn't expect much, but it was amazing, and my wife and I agreed that it will become one of our must-do holiday outings from now on. It wasn't just a bunch of Christmas lights everywhere, but amazingly curated (I hate that word, but it fits here) artistic use of light and sound... with plants and trees. Here are a few palms, up lit in different colors, set against a cloudy, rainy night sky, as captured by my ancient phone.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Not a pic of my CB in its natural riding locations, or even a motorcycle pic. The holiday rush has kept me busy with family stuff and museum work, and sporadic rain has kept the roads to wet with too many crazy drivers for me to want to ride.

But... someone wanted to see palm trees, and I was thinking about him last night. My wife and I met up with friends for a holiday lights event at the L.A. Arboretum. I didn't expect much, but it was amazing, and my wife and I agreed that it will become one of our must-do holiday outings from now on. It wasn't just a bunch of Christmas lights everywhere, but amazingly curated (I hate that word, but it fits here) artistic use of light and sound... with plants and trees. Here are a few palms, up lit in different colors, set against a cloudy, rainy night sky, as captured by my ancient phone.
Bah, not quite a fit, but maybe somewhat close ...

 
Hotel California is considered one of the greatest albums of all time. It certainly sees it’s fair share of air time on my playlists while riding the CB1100.
 
Frulk_imp said:
Hotel California is considered one of the greatest albums of all time. It certainly sees it’s fair share of air time on my playlists while riding the CB1100.
... you are correct on many levels Frulk.
 
Here's a better picture of that mansion in one of my palm tree pictures. Keeping in mind that it's lit up in pink in this picture as part of the holiday display, it's the house in the opening to the TV show Fantasy Island. Picture Tattoo ringing the bell and yelling "The plane, the plane" from the tower.
 
I’m in a hotel now. I can check out anytime I want and I can leave. In fact they want me to leave tomorrow. ;)
 
It’s a Hotel North Carolina. Last week was Hotel Georgia. And tomorrow Hotel my House. Yea!

What’s with the feral cats around hotels? And they all look well fed.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
It’s a Hotel North Carolina. Last week was Hotel Georgia. And tomorrow Hotel my House. Yea!

What’s with the feral cats around hotels? And they all look well fed.
Maybe there's a cat-house near-by?
 
We host two races in Bradenton Florida each spring, and spend a few weeks in local motels. The motels are between seafood restaurants, and have dozens of feral cats running around them. They run into our rooms, and each of us sort of adopt a cat for our rooms while we’re there. They are very well fed indeed.
 
Two more days and it's time for a new challenge. I believe Gone is 60 was first this month, so his choice.
 
Thank you, kind sir. Since I’ll be occupied for the next few days, painting my office, guiding museum tours and drinking heavily (my New Years resolution), let’s get it out of the way now.

Since not all of us can ride this time of year and we’re basking in the afterglow of the holidays, how about something everyone can participate in. Let’s do a picture of something you received as a gift, or that you bought for your bike, or for yourself (as it relates to riding).
I’m excluding myself, but Mrs. Gone got me these bells, to replace the bells that ominously went missing on both bikes around the same time.
 
Thoughtful gifts by your wife Gone. Looking forward to seeing what people got as gifts for their riding/mc.

Start posting them up Jan 1
 
Cormanus_imp said:

...will there be any bonus for those who have two CBs and RLETs equipped with..?? :P
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top