CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely awesome pic
fc7831b1684820316add8596a3984d5a.png
bike is as beautiful as they get, castle in the back flowers in the front. I just wish a ghost made an appearance

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tod,
I did try to persuade my wife to put on a long white dress and float ethereally across the grass, but she wasn't having any of it.

Simon
 
Oh, that's good spechg.

I respect that Great Britain and its Greater Regions - which are all tiny by international comparisons - are able to maintain so much beautiful landscape.

The CB1100 is nice too.
 
Beautiful submission spechg!


spechg_imp said:
Absolutely awesome pic
fc7831b1684820316add8596a3984d5a.png
bike is as beautiful as they get, castle in the back flowers in the front. I just wish a ghost made an appearance

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed

Thanks Tod,
I did try to persuade my wife to put on a long white dress and float ethereally across the grass, but she wasn't having any of it.

Simon
[/QUOTE]
:rofl:
 
An intruder in front of Moto Guzzi's factory! :D

Postcard from Mandello Del Lario, Lake Como, Italy

p.s. sadly photo quality might not be the best, I think I need to better understand how to correctly compress pictures so that they can be uploaded, without actually destroying the quality..
 
franov_imp said:
An intruder in front of Moto Guzzi's factory! :D

Postcard from Mandello Del Lario, Lake Como, Italy

p.s. sadly photo quality might not be the best, I think I need to better understand how to correctly compress pictures so that they can be uploaded, without actually destroying the quality..
Totally awesome franov.

I want to visit there.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Oh, that's good spechg.

I respect that Great Britain and its Greater Regions - which are all tiny by international comparisons - are able to maintain so much beautiful landscape.

The CB1100 is nice too.
Great Britain and greater regions do cling on to heritage and are very good at doing it, once its gone its gone is the attitude. There are very strict regulations on modifying older houses even. Much of this history is driven by the Norman invasion in 1066 from Normandy in France (originally Vikings from Scandinavia) of course and the spread that eshewed after that.

Not forgetting Ireland, where spechg and I hail from, is a Republic for over 100 years now and no longer part of the British system, the six counties of the North of Ireland excepted.
 
The haunted building that I can present to you is the remains of the 13th century church of the Franciscan monastery "Das Graue Kloster" in Berlin:



According to legends, the ghost of the limping monk Roderich has been haunting the ruins of the monastery church since the 14th century, howling and wailing. Originally, Roderich had been a squire and had illegally freed a damsel. When he once again climbed a rope to the damsel in the tower, her father, the bailiff, a true giant, discovered this. Enraged, he tore off the rope and stormed up into the tower. Roderich fled out the window and broke his foot, which is why he limped from then on. Since he had dishonored the damsel, he had to flee and became a monk in the Grey Monastery in Berlin. There he became evil and devious, sowed discord everywhere and even instigated murder plots. What he did not know was that his relationship with the damsel had produced a child, his son Bernhard. When Bernhard had to leave his hometown one day, he also happened to come to the Grey Monastery. When he correctly accused Roderich of a murder plot, the latter made him disappear in a dungeon of the monastery. Some time later, Roderich learned that Bernhard was his son and rushed to the dungeon. But there he found him dead and thereupon fell into a wild lamentation. In the meantime, the citizens had also discovered Roderich's murder plot. They rushed to the monastery, heard him lament, found him in the cellar and killed him the next day. Since then, the lamentation of the limping monk, who weeps for his dead son, is said to be heard at night in the ruins of the monastery.







Best regards!
 
Love it, RTH. The story sounds perfectly plausible to me. Thanks for sharing.
I'm looking forward to next month's challenge!
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Whew! Awesome setting, story, and CB capture RTH.

Nice touch on the black and white.
+1

:clap:
 
Thread starter
Ok. Near as I can tell, Gone In 60 has the honor. Looking for the September photo challenge subject.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Ok. Near as I can tell, Gone In 60 has the honor. Looking for the September photo challenge subject.
I hope it involves something we can work on during the rally. Otherwise, we are just riding in circles :biker:
 
Hi guys, looking at the string of photo posts, Olof's Haunted Hotel was first, and my subsequent submission of John Wayne's haunted yacht was an old pic.

I defer to Olof. Besides, my September is packed with work travel, so all of my riding this month will be home-to-office.
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
Hi guys, looking at the string of photo posts, Olof's Haunted Hotel was first, and my subsequent submission of John Wayne's haunted yacht was an old pic.

I defer to Olof. Besides, my September is packed with work travel, so all of my riding this month will be home-to-office.
Thanks for clearing that up. Olof got his in really quick and I didn't scroll back far enough to see it.

So Olof....please provide us with our challenge :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top