CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
tod.branko_imp said:
I wonder if Olof is coming back anytime soon now that he's a Guzzista.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Yes hi will but bit slower, as Guzzi has a 2 cyl engine :)
 
peterbaron_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
I wonder if Olof is coming back anytime soon now that he's a Guzzista.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Yes hi will but bit slower, as Guzzi has a 2 cyl engine :)
Yes hi will but bit slower, as Guzzi has a 2 cyl engine :)
Hmm PB, looks like the 2013 CB1100 and 2013 Griso SE 8V have the same 0 to 60 mph time (3.3 seconds), but when it comes to the quarter mile the CB1100 is behind by about 0.7 seconds (11.9 vs Griso's 11.2 seconds).

I find these stats somewhat surprising.
 
I sent Olof a PM to let him know.
 
Thread starter
I scrolled back and since Olaf is MIA, Ferret seems to be next in line. Exercising my extremely limited authority, I pass the naming to arch to the Ferret.
 
I sent Olof a PM a few days ago, but he's obviously moved on.

What's it to be Ferret? Not that I've a hope of participating ...
 
I'll make it an easy one

Your bike in front of a gas pump. Can be old pump or antique

117790ae185450e4199f7db2e59b0f9b.jpg
 
Dang it.....I should have looked at this before I fueled up this morning on my way home from work!.....Ah well, now its just an excuse for me to take the long way home in the morning to fill up yet again!
dd97695ce9f262466f564967b2154026.png


Titus 2:13
2013 HONDA CB1100
 
well technically you don't have to be filling up Gordo, your bike just has to be in front of a pump. You could do that this afternoon. Then again the long way home from work if always a good thing.
 
This may not count since I already had this one in the bag.... This was a gas stop on the way to Ohio Saturday...all packed up for the big adventure!

274f07c0d52fd5c92394b9ebfb5b506d.jpg
 
Doh! Wrong bike, so this one might not count either. It's from today at least. The Ohio roads inspired me to find some twisty country back roads off the beaten path here...

Amazing how a different angle and removal of color changes the feel of a place...



 
RTH_imp said:
The haunted building that I can present to you is the remains of the 13th century church of the Franciscan monastery "Das Graue Kloster" in Berlin:



According to legends, the ghost of the limping monk Roderich has been haunting the ruins of the monastery church since the 14th century, howling and wailing. Originally, Roderich had been a squire and had illegally freed a damsel. When he once again climbed a rope to the damsel in the tower, her father, the bailiff, a true giant, discovered this. Enraged, he tore off the rope and stormed up into the tower. Roderich fled out the window and broke his foot, which is why he limped from then on. Since he had dishonored the damsel, he had to flee and became a monk in the Grey Monastery in Berlin. There he became evil and devious, sowed discord everywhere and even instigated murder plots. What he did not know was that his relationship with the damsel had produced a child, his son Bernhard. When Bernhard had to leave his hometown one day, he also happened to come to the Grey Monastery. When he correctly accused Roderich of a murder plot, the latter made him disappear in a dungeon of the monastery. Some time later, Roderich learned that Bernhard was his son and rushed to the dungeon. But there he found him dead and thereupon fell into a wild lamentation. In the meantime, the citizens had also discovered Roderich's murder plot. They rushed to the monastery, heard him lament, found him in the cellar and killed him the next day. Since then, the lamentation of the limping monk, who weeps for his dead son, is said to be heard at night in the ruins of the monastery.







Best regards!
Great story and wonderful photos! I can't see anyone topping this for awhile. Thank you!:thanks:
 
tommymck_imp said:
Doh! Wrong bike, so this one might not count either. It's from today at least. The Ohio roads inspired me to find some twisty country back roads off the beaten path here...

Amazing how a different angle and removal of color changes the feel of a place...
Yeah, like it.

Looks like pic was taken during Kill Bill.
 
Gordo_imp said:
Topped off the tank on my way home from work this morning. Lovin these cooler temps!

Titus 2:13
2013 HONDA CB1100
08bf9f1a2439744deb696fd98ac9e93c.jpg
And we have a winner for next month's challenge. Congrats!

Put your thinking cap on Gordo! You have about 2 1/2 weeks to come up with an October theme.

The rest of Y'all get out and get those pics with a gas pump and post em up!
 
This pic is from a year ago or so but it fits to this monthly challenge, so I post it.

The owner of the yellow CB, I only met him once in Kiel at the shown Aral gasoline station, remembered our meeting, searched for my telephone number, don't know how he found it out, and called me a few days ago. He wants to sell his bike 'cause he can't ride anymore or wants to quit riding. His 2017 CB has run 7.000km and he thought I would be a good new owner of his Honda. May or may not be, nevertheless I don't want to buy his CB. Although it is very tempting, he would make a nice price for me and his CB isn't used often and only in summertime, I will not buy it. I have 3 motorbikes, more than enough and one of them is my black 2013 CB, which I prefer over the yellow newer EX model. Sure it gets older and older with now 70.000km on its speedometer but I think it will last many more years and km. I wished him luck in finding a new owner but told him to wait til next spring and overthink his decision to part from the CB. He likes his CB and is something in between of to sell or not to sell. Maybe he sticks to my advice, don't know.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top