CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
This mural on a local shopping center popped up a month ago and has really brightened the area. It was done by local college kids. I was waiting for them to finish coloring it in but I have heard that this is what we get. Millennial art sensibilities, I suppose :thumbsup:


I hereby challenge Houtman and A-Man to get some photos posted of local murals. I do believe Asheville has more murals per square foot than anywhere in the world. And more artists per square foot, too :clap:

Finish coloring it? They made it match specifically for your bike!!
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
This mural on a local shopping center popped up a month ago and has really brightened the area. It was done by local college kids. I was waiting for them to finish coloring it in but I have heard that this is what we get. Millennial art sensibilities, I suppose :thumbsup:


I hereby challenge Houtman and A-Man to get some photos posted of local murals. I do believe Asheville has more murals per square foot than anywhere in the world. And more artists per square foot, too :clap:

Ooooo, like that very much. Nice find.
 
Well, I thought this one would be easy picken's for me, even if I'm only in town for a few days this month. However, the local community volunteers have been particularly efficient in covering up the graffiti that frequently pops up along my commute. All I'd be able to take a photo of is a long wall covered in various shades of beige and grey.
 
Sometimes the solutions are hiding in plain sight. In this case, my shop dumpster. I realized it as I was rolling my bike out of the shop to make room for a project.

Not the most epic example of Southern California graffiti, but maybe I'll run across something more spectacular.

The photo next to the Waste Management logo is a very stern picture of me, with a warning to my coworkers not to stack their trash on top of the dumpster lid.
 
Lol yea that wasn't one of the talented street artists Gone, but it qualifies none the less.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
This mural on a local shopping center popped up a month ago and has really brightened the area. It was done by local college kids. I was waiting for them to finish coloring it in but I have heard that this is what we get. Millennial art sensibilities, I suppose :thumbsup:


I hereby challenge Houtman and A-Man to get some photos posted of local murals. I do believe Asheville has more murals per square foot than anywhere in the world. And more artists per square foot, too :clap:

We have more weirdo's per squire mile than any place in the world , if I "post" pictures of them the value of my house will plummet .
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Sometimes the solutions are hiding in plain sight. In this case, my shop dumpster. I realized it as I was rolling my bike out of the shop to make room for a project.

Not the most epic example of Southern California graffiti, but maybe I'll run across something more spectacular.

The photo next to the Waste Management logo is a very stern picture of me, with a warning to my coworkers not to stack their trash on top of the dumpster lid.
I worked at a print shop that had a similar photo posted. "You did it as I asked? What were you thinking??"
 
Well, we've seen a warming trend lately here in Western NC, so maybe Houtman and I can fulfill Inhouse Bob's challenge and get a photo of two CBs next to an Asheville mural before the month is up!
 
i havnt taken my dslr out yet but i did get out today also i did shorten that yoshi about 6 inches looks way better too me
17af5c86da274c19c26e6fd59c4ee3d6.jpg

b90acb132a8ba4e3972e27d736ad7268.jpg

b9fdc136b48b51f5ff8f37670a878b4e.jpg
 
Well, they say that beauty is all around you, you just have to find it. Headed out of town tomorrow, so I grabbed a quick ride today to see if I could find some murals around my area. They're all over the place.

The first one is a mural that was painted last year on the side of a local liquor store, showing some of the highlights of the Old Town section of our city. The Orange High School logo is around the corner.

The two tall murals are by the artist Shag, and adorn the parking garage for a new development in the city of Tustin, on the former site of the Tustin Marine Corps Air Station. Its most distinctive features are two very large blimp hangars that housed coastal defense blimps during WW2. The hangars are very historic, and have been used in many movies since. Next time your plane is on final approach to John Wayne, look out to the left and they'll be the biggest things you see. You can see the front of one of them here. It happens to be across the street from our local Costco. The artwork on the parking garage is clearly themed to the area's past.

The other murals are on the sides of some local taco shops, and a surf shop.
More pics
 
The A-man_imp said:
Well, we've seen a warming trend lately here in Western NC, so maybe Houtman and I can fulfill Inhouse Bob's challenge and get a photo of two CBs next to an Asheville mural before the month is up!
Amos , there is a mural on the wall of 12 Bones Barbecue / Brewery , next time when you come to Asheville ( for the Pipe Master ? ) we could take both my 2013 and 2014 with the 4 into 4 pipes for a picture.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top