CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was making a Costco run on the way home from work tonight and came across a perfect military photo subject, especially since it’s across the street from Costco. Quite convenient.

The Tustin blimp hangars were originally used to house coastal defense blimps during WWII.

They’re quite long...
 
The lengthwise one in the photos is now an event space. Most recently the release of the C8 Corvette was held there. The other one, from what I’ve heard, is eventually scheduled for demolition. It is being held up on one end with an external gantry and guy wires.

You have definitely seen the interior of the hangar in movies. It’s frequently used for that purpose for secret bad guy laboratories, aircraft hangars, etc.
 
Or San Francisco, they have a sub too, and a Liberty ship. If I had any spare time, I'd motor out to the SS Lane Victory in Long Beach, or the USS Iowa in San Pedro. They're big and grey, can't miss 'em. Hintedy-hint-hint to you L.A. guys in the South Bay area...
Fat Man? Anyone near the Nuclear Museum in Albuquerque? I believe they have one in the parking lot...
 
There's a sub at Penn's Landing in Philadelphia and the battleship New Jersey (Iowa class) is directly across the river in Camden for those on the east coast.
 
Hey, anyone in San Diego? I hear they have a few Navy ships floating around down there someplace.
 
The Northrop T-38 Talon is a two-seat, twinjet supersonic jet trainer and was the world's first supersonic trainer.
The first class to use the Talon at Reese Air Force Base graduated in 1963. The base was closed in 1997 and is now the Reese Technology Center on the West side of Lubbock, Texas

6f66965586d3dc23943dd5e152c4fc95.jpg


The plane is located outside the Science Spectrum, which is a science and technology museum and aquarium in Lubbock.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
All righty, I'll play.
Rode out in the rain (and 45 degrees) for this collection of statues. There are three bronze gods chained to a wall in an out of the way office park in Falls Church, VA. I don't know why they are there or who they belong to. They are very intricately detailed and about 10 feet tall. You can't see them from the road and I had to ride up several sidewalks to get the shot. But that's just how much I care about sharing with you guys :-)


Bonus shot. This little guy is right there, too.
[url=http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/inhousebob/media/IMG_1065_zpseri5aucy.jpg.html]

Nice job!!
 
I took these pics at the end of a 200 mile ride today.. through the tunnels and over the hill as usual, but then i took a new way home.. the weather was great !! .. the coldest temp was 57* at 5000 ft.. the warmest was 82* on the way home..
Chuckk ..
.
aefe7fd1917af9a78fec24e76edb634f.jpg

.
7cf9f499f5b6445db03c4fe7626eb603.jpg

.
59ce68aa4cc16fcf6d4fb62d0bda8519.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top