CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a great story. My access seems to be blocked by some unstated security rules.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Sounds like a great story. My access seems to be blocked by some unstated security rules.
I could easily take screenshots and post the article (3 screenshots). However, I am not sure that would be an violation with copyright laws. The article was from the Middletown Times Herald-Record.

The impact was bad, the article stated “ Cowit struck a total of six or seven cows, three of whom were seriously hurt. She also nearly hit one of Hosking’s farm hands, who desperately tried to signal her to stop. One witness told police the impact knocked one of the cows five feet into the air”. The 21 year old Ms. “Cow hit” “was charged with two counts of second-degree reckless endangerment and one count each of fourth-degree criminal mischief and reckless driving, all misdemeanors, and also ticketed for driving a car while using a mobile phone and failure to exercise due care, both traffic infractions.”
Ferret pointed out the best quote in the article which was from the dairy farmer.
 
Thanks suhawk. That helps. Ms Cow-hit was clearly on a mission.
 
Thread starter
Near as I can tell, Wisedrum has the honor. Great subject for October, Ben! Looking forward to Wisedrum's subject.
 
Give the guy a break, Ben70. October finished only 3 days ago. It's a big month. :D
 
I've been on vacation for a week, so late to the game, but I'll see your cow and raise you a bison.

Can't really claim it though, as I was in a Chevy Impala, not on a CB1100. Just drove through Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona on a whirlwind national park trip with my wife. More cow signs than I could count, and darn near hit one in Canyon de Chelly in Arizona. In fact, the cow was standing in the road right next to a cow warning sign. By the time I could stop, unhook my phone from the windshield and switch the camera on, he had moved. Bummer.
 
My wife and I rode to Canyon De Chelly and stayed in the reservation town near there. I remember all manner of animals wandering around the streets un-tetherd, cows. dogs, roosters.... lol
 
I can imagine. Those towns looked about right for wayward unteathered animals.
 
That sign is on the 20 mile-or-so two-lane road between the ranger gate to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and the rim parking lot.
 
The North Rim officially closes on October 15, but access remains open until the road snows over. That means the place was nearly empty, and since I hate crowds, it was perfect. I could care less that the lodge and visitors center were closed. Didn't see any bison on the road, but plenty of deer.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Near as I can tell, Wisedrum has the honor. Great subject for October, Ben! Looking forward to Wisedrum's subject.
Don't know, why I have the honor to pick a subject for the November photo challenge, cause it was the beginning of October when I posted my last pick. Maybe one can explain.

Nevertheless November is a dark month, days are shorter and the last days here were very rainy and cold . Not the best weather to go out for a ride. It's more time of remembrance and to go inside of oneself. So my choosen subject is the CB in front of or on a cemetery. In Germany we have a special sunday for to remember the gone but non forgotten ones. On "Totensonntag" I will ride to the cemetery, stand by the grave of my parents, let my thoughts pass by and try to take a picture. Maybe this is a sad subject, but it's part of life too and part of November.

Wisedrum
 
Nice one, Wisedrum.

You get to choose because the rule is that the first person to post a photo on the chosen theme gets to pick next month's theme.

History of monthly challenges and rules are here.
 
Thanks for the explanation, Cormanus. Now I know and will keep myself back with posting the first pic for a monthly challenge.... as long as I can.....

Wisedrum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top