noroomtomove
Been there
Landrover series III & CB1100 2011
Regards
Regards
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

That is pretty funny.zbillster_imp said:hey guys ... if you make the August challenge "your CB in a repair shop or salvage facility" i think i can still participate ...
:rofl::rofl::rofl:


EmptySea_imp said:Great pictures! Great topic. I should have checked the Forum before my ride yesterday. I'm sure I passed a building or two that would have made excellent backdrops. I'll get out there again once (if) it stops raining here.
In the meantime, just to keep the record clear -- Max submitted the first qualifying picture (assuming that it was taken on or after 5/1, Aussie time).
Here's the history re-posted just for everyone's convenience. I'll try to re-post it with updates each month.
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge History
*** 2017
January (post #1) EmptySea – CB in front of a statue
February (post #62) InhouseBob – with a non-domesticated animal
March (post #101) Ben70 – in front of/on/under/next to a bridge
April (post #195) Wisedrum – at a gathering
May (post #252) The Ferret – by any body of water except a puddle
June (post #305) c-breezy – in front of an historic building, site, or structure
July (post #344) stateboy – with the setting sun (and specific requirements)
August (post #377) EmptySea – your CB1100 (& preferebly you) with a 2nd CB1100 in frame
September (post #439) Cormanus – your CB with a train in the shot
October (post #480) GaryMNM – your CB and Fall colors
November (post #544) RockHop – CB with your state and U.S. Flag (or foreign equivalent)
December (post #583) The Ferret – CB in front of a church
*** 2018
January (post #641) RockHop – CB with sign featuring an interesting river name
February (post #678) EmptySea – CB in front of tallest building in town
March (post #728) AussieFlyer – CB in front of an industrial backdrop
April (post #810) Rock Hop – CB with a windmill
May (post #903) noroomtomove – CB & the Moon
June (post #943) Mscb1100 – in front of a tamale restaurant with “Tamale” in the name
July (post #993) RockHop – with signs of town names such as at city limits
August (post #1060) EmptySea – recreate a Honda advertisement
September (post #1078) The Ferret – with the next generation sitting atop your CB
October (post #1112) Ben70 – with a vintage or defunct gas station
November (post #1180) noroomtomove – with a tree of significance
December (post #1247) dUh! - CB in front of a festive holiday scene
*** 2019
January (post #1294) noroomtomove - “Rock”
February (post #1322) zbillster – in front of an antique/junk shop
March (post #1354) mtneers – Present & Past
April (post #1412) zbillster - Easter(ish)
May (post #1498) '64 - in front of a abandoned/dilapidated building.
June (post # TBD) Max - ??
EmptySea_imp said:The Challenge: A user (the first one will be yours truly) will pick a location, landmark, geographical feature, etc. to serve as the backdrop for your photo. Users will then post photos meeting the requirement in this thread for our ogling pleasure. The first user to submit a qualifying photo chooses the backdrop for the following month's challenge.
The goal: To encourage users to get out and ride and to document those rides with photos and, most of all, to have a little fun with the whole process.
The Rules:
1. The CB1100 must be the featured bike in the photo. Caption the photo with the date and the location.
2. Feel free to alter your photo to make it look better, but don't cut and paste into another photo just to qualify.
3. The photos should be new photos, not something you had on file and especially not something you posted elsewhere in this forum.
4. You may post multiple qualifying pictures in a month, but the background has to be different (ex. you can post two pictures of your bike in front of a train station, but they have to show two different stations)
5. Not really a rule, but don't stop trying to get a picture for a particular month just because someone beat you to the first post for that month. We want to see lots of pictures.
6. The same user cannot pick the photo subject on consecutive months. If the first photo comes from the same user that posted the first photo in the prior month, the second user posting a photo will get to pick the next background subject.
Truly, 6 rules are probably 5 too many. Just go with the spirit of this challenge and get out and ride your motorcycle!
January Challenge (from EmptySea):
Let's see your CB1100 in front of a statue. Ready? Go!
Well I guess I will be posting for a bit after all. :rofl:EmptySea_imp said:Interesting facts about this month's challenge.
Even though there were many many pics of vintage vehicles with a CB1100, only 5 members posted qualifying photos:
Zbillster (first qualifying post)
Henrik
PeterBaron (and that's a 64 or 65 El Camino, I believe)
Ben70
noroomtomove (if that Land Rover is a 1960s or 70s model)
So, it looks like zbillster gets to pick the topic.. and I don't think that the topic he suggested a few posts above is a bad one at all.![]()

well considering we had a flood of Mini's and muscle cars during the old pickup challenge ... :rofl:EmptySea_imp said:The definition of "repair shop" is at least somewhat in question. My repair shop is my Honda dealer. When my CB1100 was dropped, it was repaired here. However, it's not a body repair shop and is not a salvage yard either. I'll leave it to zbillster to respond on whether this qualifies for the challenge.
![]()
![]()
There is a small bike shop near me that has dozens (formerly hundreds) of bikes in their yard in various degrees of disrepair. I had hoped to get a pic amongst the wreckage, but they recently put up an electric gate so I'd have to ask permission to get access. I love this thread, but I'm not that committed to the cause.
I really expected to see this chap at the end of the awning. I suppose he was on his tea break?EmptySea_imp said:The definition of "repair shop" is at least somewhat in question. My repair shop is my Honda dealer. When my CB1100 was dropped, it was repaired here. However, it's not a body repair shop and is not a salvage yard either. I'll leave it to zbillster to respond on whether this qualifies for the challenge.
![]()
![]()
There is a small bike shop near me that has dozens (formerly hundreds) of bikes in their yard in various degrees of disrepair. I had hoped to get a pic amongst the wreckage, but they recently put up an electric gate so I'd have to ask permission to get access. I love this thread, but I'm not that committed to the cause.
